Rednand Froze and had to install it - Can run installed USB games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by camborambo, Feb 27, 2017.

1. camborambo
    OP

camborambo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2017
    United States
    For some reason, my Mocha CFW would not boot and was just stuck on the splash screen for 5-10 minutes. I figured it was either my SD card or something went wrong. I re-injected my nand files and it booted. However, all my USB installed games no longer booted. Is there something I can use to make it work again without reinstalling every everything again. 50+ games takes awhile haha.

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    For 1 rednand is highly unstable and errors like that happen all the time. Secondly why are you still using rednand when you can do everything that rednand does using syscfw plus with syscfw you don't need to worry about it breaking all the time as it's 100% stable.

3. krylo

krylo Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2015
    Australia
    Just Hit me too.. Now i'll try to fix.
    Any good ideas?

Edit:
    I think i wont have luck to get it running again..

any good tut for syscfw? Hard to find with the Board Search

Last edited by krylo, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    If you HaxChi set it to boot to system menu or use CBHC. No reason to use mocha or rednand. Mocha is more for people who don't want to buy a DS game for HaxChi. If you have HaxChi then mocha and rednand won't give you anything more (unless you want to use loadiine with fat32 support. I don't know why tho).

5. camborambo
    OP

camborambo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for the tips guy. I was using rednand because I just remember reading guides saying it's more safe if there is an update and such. However, if it decides to go bonkers on me again, I will go with sysnand cfw. Is there an easy way to convert my current library of usb installed games to sysnand? I have HaxChi set up, as well as the coldboot set to Mocha with redNand. Reinstalling over 128gb would take ages lol.

6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    If your games are on USB you don't need to convert them. If they're on sysNAND while in redNAND you have to reinstall.

Just hold B when you boot haxchi. You can play all your stuff on USB if you do that.

Edit: oh you have CBHC set to autoboot to mocha. Hold down home when you cold boot. Change CBHC to boot to system menu. Then your good to go with HaxChi CFW

Last edited by Kafluke, Mar 2, 2017
    camborambo likes this.