Hacking RedNAND 11.0.0-33E -> 2.1.0 Downgrade Fail! Need Help!

Ezekiel93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've been trying this for a while - maybe 10-15 attempts now - with no success, so I'm desperate, and I'll try to be as detailed as possible. My friend put me, like many others, onto Plialect's AL9 guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

I've been successful so far up until I have to use Luma3DS and PlaiSysUpdater to downgrade to 2.1.0. It just fails, over and over again with Nintendo error message. Thee's no bad cia error, I even redownloaded the updates folder for 2.1.0 (and yes it is correct for my region), I have Luma3DS up to date so I shouldn't technically need a 'firmware.bin' I've seen in other threads, not that I can actually find this file to test it out.

Recording the downgrade process, it seems to fail on this line:

0004009b00014102 : v.01024 -> v.00000 ->

My NAND's are unlinked, my RedNAND is fully updated to 11.0.0-33E and my SysNAND is on the version of 9.2.0 recommended in the guide.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

- I should mention this a New 3DS XL

Last edited by Ezekiel93,

Ezekiel93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Ezekiel93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fixed the link
Try doing what I said in here

I do appreciate the help, and I've seen 'find the firmware.bin on the luma page' before, and despite my looking I just cannot find it. Is it included in an older release? The Luma 5.5 on the Luma3DS github doesn't include this file.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I do appreciate the help, and I've seen 'find the firmware.bin on the luma page' before, and despite my looking I just cannot find it. Is it included in an older release? The Luma 5.5 on the Luma3DS github doesn't include this file.
As stated in the thread go to the luma wiki page and enter the zippyshare there and there grab that firmware.bin.
You clearly didn't read my post on the other thread

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But just gonna put it again here
A simple google search would told you to use ntr firmware.bin .
First download it here (get it on this archive (zippy share link)https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
Then delete your luma config.bin and put the firmware.bin corresponding to your 3ds model in the Luma folder in the root of the SD card.
Then repeat the steps following to the downgrade and it should work

Ezekiel93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm an idiot, sorry. I've got the file and I'll see if it works.

Edit: Nope, I put firmware.bin in the luma folder and it still fails at
0004009b00014102 : v.01024 -> v.00000 ->

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is there any relevance to it failing on this specific line every time?
(I did also delete config.bin)

Ezekiel93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm writing a reply to this for anyone else stuck downgrading 11.0.0-33E -> 2.1.0 on a New 3DS.

You can use PlaisysUpdater to downgrade to 9.2.0, then swap in the 2.1.0 updates folder again and downgrade to 2.1.0 from there. It worked for me! Good luck.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm writing a reply to this for anyone else stuck downgrading 11.0.0-33E -> 2.1.0 on a New 3DS.

You can use PlaisysUpdater to downgrade to 9.2.0, then swap in the 2.1.0 updates folder again and downgrade to 2.1.0 from there. It worked for me! Good luck.

Uhmmmm isn't that what the guide tells you to do? Downgrade to 9.2 and then 2.1?

Reactions: Lightyose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol