Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
Snippet From Indie Statik Article:

qv44BdS.png

Earlier this week, Chris Priestman opined on iOS pricing models, trying to create a dialog about whether the ever-burgeoning freemium model is leveling off and developers are beginning to go back to a more traditional “what you pay for is what you get” model. I shared the article to Reddit/iOSgaming to gather the opinions of both the players and developers alike who post there, and I learned quite a bit about pricing model expectations from both sides of the equation.

For starters, I learned that Hungry Lizards is a thing, and its developer, Basic Function, decided to release the game with a very upfront pricing model, with no IAPs and no delusions of grandeur. This quickly became the most popular comment and prompted me to buy Hungry Lizards on principle alone. For just one straightforward dollar and no sneaky proddings or gated content whatsoever, I’m the proud owner of Hungry Lizards. I’ll let the trailer speak for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=yDoW9yIDj5A&hd=1

Delighted by Basic Function’s willingness to seek and implement community feedback and frankness about sales goals and advertising woes, Hungry Lizards became synonymous with “integrity” among Redditors. Yes, a simple my-cat-could-play-this one-touch game where you try to eat bugs faster than your opponent = integrity. Trust me. I did the math. I definitely encourage you to read Basic Function’s thoughts (Reddit name: hey_suburbia). Tell him I sent you and you’ll get half off on a free hug.

Full Article / Source: http://indiestatik.com/2013/05/26/redditors-react-to-indie-statiks-ios-pricing-model-post/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?