Reddit user comes across box of unreleased beta PSP games, plans to dump them all

69NiKXw.png

A curious incident unraveled on a PSP related subreddit recently. A user who works with retro video games came across a box of PlayStation Portable UMDs. What makes this unique, is that most of the games are pre-production discs, meaning these are beta builds of games before they officially released in a complete state. One of the titles the user, Thebrown93, found, was "Ridge Racer English", which is a localization of the game for PSP, but dated 7 months prior to when it actually released. Among some of the "pre-production" games are Metal Gear Acid, Dragon Ball Tenkaichi Tag Team, BlazBlue, and "over 100 more UMDs". He also has multiple PS2 beta game discs, as well.

Other users were shocked at the discovery, and pleaded with Thebrown93 to dump the games so that they could be archived. Initially assuming it was a joke, he then found out that digital game backups can be done with a PSP system, and according to his claims, he's planning to purchase an older PSP system in order to back up some of the titles. More information will be updated if the poster decides to go through with his plan.

Persona 3 Portable - creation date 25.1.2011

Guilty Gear XX Core Plus - creation date 29.11.2010

Final Fantasy crisis core VII - cr date 19.04.2008

Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles - cr date 03.08.2007

Final Fantasy II - cr date 01.11.2007

Full Metal Alchemist - cr date 20.04.2010

Gensan - cr date 15.02.2010

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact - cr date 15.09.2011

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

This is pretty damn cool. I've got an unreasonable interest in beta stuff and I'd love to check these out when and if they're dumped.

D

Deleted User

That's pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see how these pre-production discs differ from the final games. I should remember to check for these online in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn