Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redbox.logo.42811-530px.jpg
Refrigerator-sized movie rental kiosk operator Redbox began testing video game rentals nearly two years ago, but they'll be available at more than 21,000 locations nationwide starting on June 17, 2011. The test market expanded from 5,000 locations last October.

In announcing the launch date, the company confirmed that its kiosks will offer games for PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii covering "top releases to popular family and kids titles." Game rentals will run $2 a day, compared to $1 for DVD and $1.50 for Blu-ray movie rentals. By comparison, brick-and-mortar rental chain Blockbuster offers five-day rentals for $8.99 per game and by-mail rental service GameFly lets its users check out two games at a time for a $22.95 monthly subscription fee.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Joystiq)

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is great. $2 a day isn't bad, since most games only take a day for me to determine whether its worth my time and money to invest in purchasing it.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Next thing: Pay $8.99 a month to stream as many video games as you want. I wish.

This is awesome. I hope they have 3DS games. That's the only reason why I would use it.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Huh. Almost all the Redboxes in Chicago already have video games. It's good they will all have them now.
smile.gif

Pretty cool. And yes, the one near my house has 3DS games.

They have Wii games here.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$2 a day is $14 for a week, That is OUTRAGEOUS. Hastings you can rent a game for $4, and you can keep it for 7 days. redbox fail.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems reasonable to me great for when a friend comes over for a day and you want to check something out you havent played a million times before.
where i live this will also be the only place to rent games besides gamefly.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Cool I hope that the one at my local WalMart does this so that I can "rent" DKC returns to that I can rip the copy to my HDD and hopefully have a copy of the game that does not crash within less than an hour of gameplay!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought this was out all ready? but i guess not. so no ds or psp games or anything like that?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The redboxes in my town were one of the beta game distributors, but they mostly had shovelware-ish titles for the Wii. Hopefully that changes soon when this starts...

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would actually be nice to pay $2 to try out a game before spending $50-$60 buying it. All the blockbusters in my area closed so there aren't any options other than gamefly for renting games.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MadClaw said:
$2 a day is $14 for a week, That is OUTRAGEOUS. Hastings you can rent a game for $4, and you can keep it for 7 days. redbox fail.

By your logic buying games would be the best option because it's like $50 for a game and you keep it until it disintegrates. Sure it fails in comparisons to some other alternatives but most people probably "Burn it and return it" within the same few hours. so clearly Red Box is the winner and they make tons of cash the more people who have hacked consoles.

Heh, should be red-boxes new slogan. Burn it and return it with the logo of something on fire.

Neo_Ch!p

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
Cool I hope that the one at my local WalMart does this so that I can "rent" DKC returns to that I can rip the copy to my HDD and hopefully have a copy of the game that does not crash within less than an hour of gameplay!
I've been doin this since they started distributing games, unfortunately most of their releases are shovelware latest being "Rio" [which is not a bad game].

I find it so damn convenient to pay 2$ for a good hdd dump than spending an hour downloading since I'm barely using the internet.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice so now for people to manually pirate games it will be really cheap. gamefly is too much money and the postal service sucks. i hate waiting for mail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @SylverReZ youtube to mp3 some are still good, usefull when the official music video has better audio than the music in th ecd
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wifi 7 routers are already out
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    and i'm still here on wifi 5
    all my stuff is wired anyway
    what annoys me is my server has 2.5g but i have nothing else that does
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point in 7 unless you have 5gb which no real point in it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No real point in 7 unless you have 5gb which no real point in it