Red Steel won't go Past Splash screen from hard drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Qooop, May 31, 2009.

May 31, 2009
  1. Qooop
    OP

Newcomer Qooop Newbie

United States
    I have tried several times to play a hard drive back up from a store bought copy of "Red Steel" (and even resorted to DL a rip) to try to get it to work but it will not go past the "Licensed by Nintendo" splash screen at the beginning. I have about 20 other backups on the drive and the play without a problem. Has anyone else had a problem with Red Steel? It plays fine from the disc.

Thanks

2. RabidZombie

Newcomer RabidZombie Newbie

United Kingdom
    EVERYONE has this problem. [​IMG]

You can always try doing a little bit of research next time. It saves you time rather than waiting for a reply. [​IMG]

3. Qooop
    OP

Newcomer Qooop Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the info. I did a search but nothing came up. Also, I just softmodded a week ago and there is a massive amount of info. Evan trying to find all the info is a task harder than the actual softmodding itself.

I have modded original xbox, NDS, PSP, iPod Touch, and some other stuff but the Wii seems very sweet.

4. ZombiePosessor

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    By "modded" a DS, do you mean you stuck a flashcart in it and put ROMS on a microSD card? Sorry to nitpick, but thats hardly modding. Same thing with the PSP, stick a memstick in the slot, put a pandora in it, and use someone else's tools, hardly modding at all. Unless you soldered something, wrote your own code, or programmed your own flashcart, you didn't mod anything, the devs whose code you're using did.

Wii's ok, it makes a great media player if you don't care about 420p+ output and stuff.

Also, everyone knows Red Steel doesn't work, but why are you even wasting your time trying to play that horrible game?? Same could be said for 99% of the Wii's library, but meh, who's keeping record?

5. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It's possible he meant FlashMe, in which case it would be a mod of sorts.

6. Maat

Newcomer Maat Member

Brazil
    Most of the people don't remember that there was the flashme....what about wifime, that's memorable...

The PSP can be modded, you can install the Undiluted Platinum....i think is one of the hardest modchips to install, of course only a few people installed since after it a new downgrader came it and then the first CFW for 1.50 PSP's...

7. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    Uhh.. a mod is a modification. You don't have to have INVENTED it. When you install a modchip, you're installing someone ELSE'S invention. You didn't make it. Soft modding IS modding, because you are MODIFYING. So in the case of wii, softmodding is MODDING, because it changes your console's capabilities.

8. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    100% correct.