Hacking Red Steel/Unreal Engine Mods

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if anyone has looked into Red Steel's system files for the purpose of modifications or enhancements.
The Unreal Engine is very open in regard to config files and Red Steel was thrown together loosely around it.

Being that it was a launch title, the game was also designed on the Gamecube controller, so a lot of the legacy that supports the controller is still there.

In any case, it appears something could be done with it. I doubt it would be anything big, such as online play(though the engine supports it), but tweaking the renderer is probably doable.

Kingston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried opening some files with the unreal engine sdk but no way they're compiled and not editable i think or i'm just too stupid
smile.gif

config file tweaking can be done i think

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingston said:
i tried opening some files with the unreal engine sdk but no way they're compiled and not editable i think or i'm just too stupid
smile.gif

config file tweaking can be done i think

Most of the assets are in gcngame.umd, which is packed.

A lot of other files, though, are in plain english and can be opened with a text editor.

I was thinking enabling the console might be fun to do... though keyboard support is lacking.

Kingston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i thought of this too found the file with the controls where all keyboard buttons are available maybe there is a way we can play it on pc
smile.gif

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, but it's such an old game that I wouldn't bother.

If I could get it to look and play like it should, maybe I'd have an interest in actually finishing it(I've only played it once since I bought it around launch).

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingston said:
you never played multiplayer? very nice game even with only 3 different levels
smile.gif

No, that's all I played... it wasn't very entertaining after a while.

However, with modifications, it would be possible for someone to bring back Goldeneye.

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it is editable ILLEGALLY. Lets just say you put your ORIGINAL ISO on the computer. That's the only (questionably) legal step. The rest requires you to modify content like in SSBB for texture hacks or GH3/GHA customs. First unpack it than modify certain files that you want to change than repack and trucha sign. That's probably all I am allowed to say on GBATEMP sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn