Red Steel Impressions

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by OrR, Nov 19, 2006.

Nov 19, 2006

Red Steel Impressions by OrR at 6:49 PM (1,269 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. OrR
    OP

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Sorry, I don't have any but I want some! I want to hear some Red Steel impressions from the people on this forum! Is it bad? Boring? Fun? Please tell! [​IMG]

2. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    It wasn't at Wal Mart!

Dang.

3. hakdizzle

Member hakdizzle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not very deep but i think its still fun. Game feels unfinished though. And the graphics neec a lil no a lotta help. Zeldas hot though. And multiplayer is cool. Looks too much like 007 nightfire from last gen. I would get it anyway if you got the money.

4. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    I'm pretty intrigued too, but the whole fact that most of the press were hyping over it and then gave it mediocre reviews is a bit worrying. [​IMG]

5. bakhalishta

Member bakhalishta my teef hurt

Canada
    I bought it along with Zelda (that was a bit of an impulsive buy) but hadn't had a chance to try it yet. Played Zelda for a bit (this game is AWESOME) then slept for like 6 hours.

I'll post my impressions as soon as I have the time to try it [​IMG]

6. OrR
    OP

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Well, I've got the game preordered and I'll definately get it and play it. I am just wondering if the bad reviews are because it really is no fun or because it doesn't live up to the crazy hype.

7. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    It's quite innovative, and you really feel like you're part of the game.
    It took me seconds to get used to the controls , and I would never go back to a dual analog stick scheme.
    Yes, the game feels kind of unpolished and it's not very deep, and the graphic style may not appeal to everybody, but boy I really had some FUN in the first hour or so of gameplay.
    Maybe it's because of the novelty, but It felt really good.
    As I said it's really innovative control wise, and that's good enough for me.
    I don't care much about graphics anyway.
    Let's hope that future games will keep on improving on this formula, it can only get better and better!
    By the way Zelda looks gorgeous, but the slightly choppy framerate kind of irritates me, it reminds me of the N64 OOT, and I wonder why does it have to be that way if the Wii is so much more powerfull then a GCN....
    But it's really a small complaint, I am sure the game on it's whole will make up for this in many ways.

8. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    So I guess most reviewers based their opinions AFTER the first hour or so of gameplay? You've just got me interested in this game again... [​IMG]

9. blindr

Member blindr GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Lets see. Played it for a couple hours at a friends house who just got this and Zelda.

Not impressed at all. The controls, horrible at first. You will then get used to them, but they are not the best and there will be games with much better.

Storyline is generic, voicework is so bad its laughable. AI sucks, they just stand there and do nothing. Music and gunsounds are good however.

Graphics are UGLY, worst than xbox. It worse than Halo 1 in some aspects which was a xbox launch title. (No bump mapping, low res textures everywhere) Explosions, lighting and particles are nice however. Framerate is SLOWW.

Multiplayer is pretty bad... only 4 maps and they are all mostly similar, it seems pretty boring at times because me and my friend could never find eachother and when we did, we would always miss because of the even more HORRIBLE aiming in multiplaeyr. Split screen is pretty mediocre.

Overall, lame game, repetitive, nothing new and everything seems unpolished and buggy. Its fun for a while i admit, but the controls are even worse than a standard controller. When comparing this to top notch fps like Halo and Half life, this doesn't compare at all.

10. bakhalishta

Member bakhalishta my teef hurt

Canada
    Thank god I didn't open the packaging yet... With all the bad reviews you guys are giving it I migh return it and get Super Monkey Ball [​IMG]