Gaming Red Steel 2 - online

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Red Steel has just been pretty much confirmed as having online play.

QUOTE said:
Well now we know that Red Steel 2 is coming. Published in the upcoming Nintendo Magazine (UK), this teaser ad reads: "Your Move, Young Grasshoppa...Bigger. Better. Bolder. Bloodier. First screens and hands-on impressions. Only in next month's Official Nintendo Magazine." Then they add, "And oh - it's online."

red-steel-2-q_52-1.jpg

I wasn't a huge fan of the first one but multiplayer was ok. I think now that they have time to concentrate on improving the controls we might see something special. Wii really need some good online deathmatch and this might be the one that delivers. I hope it controls like metroid
wub.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Steel was so disappointing. The handling was so-so, the graphics were subpar, the plotline cliche... I hope the sequel can correct... all of that and bring something new to the table.

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess its safe to finally say for sure that Red Steel 2 is real, I remember back when it was "yes it is real" "no its not" "yes" "no"...so I kinda just gave up and thought whatever.

I haven't finished Red Steel yet, but what I've played of it, I really enjoyed it but that didn't mean that I didn't see the games faults. Hopefully Red Steel 2 does have online and controls on par with Mp3.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was really looking forward to Red Steel, but I didn't buy it in the end 'cause everyone said it sucked.

Now that there are many nice Wii games (Metroid, Mario, Manhunt, Nights, RE: UC, they're all coming soon) I hope Red Steel 2 will be so good that I'll buy it
biggrin.gif

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Say what you will about RS, I found the multiplayer so far to be the strongest FPS on the Wii. I would gladly buy a copy to play my friends in the states and overseas. But I am not interested in another single player RS experience "STUPID GAIJIN!"

It would be cool to merge farcry and RS multiplay elements. Akimbo red steel would be nice. More maps, more gametypes, more weapons.

Make RS2 the goldeneye of the Wii for those of us sick of dual analog online FPS and you will roll in the dough.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Steel was so disappointing. The handling was so-so, the graphics were subpar, the plotline cliche... I hope the sequel can correct... all of that and bring something new to the table.
It should be a lot better, it would've had a lot longer time in development and the developers should be more familiar with the Wii hardware this time around. Also what with there being less risk in releasing a Wii only title this time around I'm sure theres more money pumped into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol