Red Steel 2 - online

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by cubin', Sep 6, 2007.

Sep 6, 2007

Red Steel 2 - online by cubin' at 1:51 AM (978 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. cubin'
    OP

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Red Steel has just been pretty much confirmed as having online play.

[​IMG]

I wasn't a huge fan of the first one but multiplayer was ok. I think now that they have time to concentrate on improving the controls we might see something special. Wii really need some good online deathmatch and this might be the one that delivers. I hope it controls like metroid [​IMG]

2. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Red Steel was so disappointing. The handling was so-so, the graphics were subpar, the plotline cliche... I hope the sequel can correct... all of that and bring something new to the table.

3. xbandaidx

Member xbandaidx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I guess its safe to finally say for sure that Red Steel 2 is real, I remember back when it was "yes it is real" "no its not" "yes" "no"...so I kinda just gave up and thought whatever.

I haven't finished Red Steel yet, but what I've played of it, I really enjoyed it but that didn't mean that I didn't see the games faults. Hopefully Red Steel 2 does have online and controls on par with Mp3.

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I was really looking forward to Red Steel, but I didn't buy it in the end 'cause everyone said it sucked.

Now that there are many nice Wii games (Metroid, Mario, Manhunt, Nights, RE: UC, they're all coming soon) I hope Red Steel 2 will be so good that I'll buy it [​IMG]

5. Pigwooly

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    IGN said in a recent podcast that Red Steel 2 is definitely coming.

6. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Say what you will about RS, I found the multiplayer so far to be the strongest FPS on the Wii. I would gladly buy a copy to play my friends in the states and overseas. But I am not interested in another single player RS experience "STUPID GAIJIN!"

It would be cool to merge farcry and RS multiplay elements. Akimbo red steel would be nice. More maps, more gametypes, more weapons.

Make RS2 the goldeneye of the Wii for those of us sick of dual analog online FPS and you will roll in the dough.

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    It should be a lot better, it would've had a lot longer time in development and the developers should be more familiar with the Wii hardware this time around. Also what with there being less risk in releasing a Wii only title this time around I'm sure theres more money pumped into it.