Red Steel 2 movies super choppy

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by NoSmokingBandit, May 1, 2010.

May 1, 2010
  1. NoSmokingBandit
    OP

Member NoSmokingBandit GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am trying to get Red Steel 2 working, and i've installed ciosrev19 and NeoGamma R8 Final but the movies are playing really really slow and choppy. All my other games are fine, but Red Steel doesnt seem to work correctly for some reason. Any ideas?

2. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Everyone's was like that.

Are you playing the PAL version on an NTSC Wii (Or the other way around).

I think that may be why, too.

I don't know if there's a way to fix it. It doesn't really matter. I beat the game with it being choppy.

3. NoSmokingBandit
    OP

United States
    No, im playing NTSC on NTSC.

Good to hear that im not alone though [​IMG] I'm not even burning it for myself, im going to give it to my friend, so if he doesnt like the choppy movies he can go buy his own damn copy!

Thanks!

4. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    its because your running them from DVD at 3x read speed so the Wii hasnt got time to buffer the streams, DVD+-r reads at 3x while original Wii disk run at 6x, if you run it on USB you'll see the difference because USB can stream a lot faster than reading DVD+-r disks also

so basically some games dont like DVD backups because they are spinning to slow compared to original Wii disks

5. Gaiaknight

Member Gaiaknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    simple answer is cause you running it from a disk thats why i stopped burning games a very long time ago.

6. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I'm running from USB using Config, GX, and WiiFlow and the videos are still super choppy. Everyone knows about dvd-r read speeds, but quite a few people are experiencing this RS2 problem with USB. The game plays fine however, so I'm wondering if it has to do with dvdx.

7. NoSmokingBandit
    OP

United States
    Is there any chance in the future that 6x speed will be enabled for NeoGamma? I dont keep very current on wii news, sorry if thats a noob question.

8. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    If its a 3X problem why does video on Super Mario Galaxy run perfectly smooth and isnt at all choppy at 3X with a modchip? I havent tried Red Steel 2 yet but I'm betting that will be the same, I'll let you know tomorrow if it is.

9. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    SMG is one game and RS2 is another. Who's to say they both need to buffer the same amount of info in a given timeframe?

As for the guy who asked if NeoGamma can ever run at 6x, it can if you get a modchip since DVD-read speeds are locked by the hardware. No softmod is going to change that.