Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
red2sword_01.jpg

Looks like we will have to hack it or cash in fellas.

QUOTE said:
Red Steel 2 may not have multiplayer, but it does have Wii MotionPlus. No, make that, it requires the Wii MotionPlus add-on.

According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power, Ubisoft has confirmed MotionPlus only. "It's a huge risk," said Red Steel 2 creative director Jason Vandenberghe. "We have no idea what the penetration rate for Wii MotionPlus will be. We assume high. We would like it to be high."

Sure you would. Vandenberghe went on to tell Nintendo Power that he would love to say the game was compatible with a regular controller, but that the gameplay just wasn't there.

News Source: Kotaku

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, it makes sense. I think people have been waiting for so long for the Wiimote to have that added precision that most will take the dive and buy it - I know I certainly will even if Resort is rubbish.
EDIT: Plus, thinking about it, having games like this support MotionPlus will create a larger market for it and perhaps cause more companies to incorporate the use of MotionPlus in the future, so it's all win-win at the end of the day.

twisteddeeds

Trophies
XP
Country
this is looking a good game, day one purchase for me... just hope that it sparks interest from more developers to bring more games to the wii. If nintendo have a good E3 (announcing games for people WITH attention spans) and the tightening of the controls.. it could be the start of a Rejuvenation for the wii userbase

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've read about the game, this is going to be a complete restart for Red Steel. Without the MotionPlus, it would just be like any other game that has attempted this sort of combat -- a waggle fest. But Red Steel 2 sounds to be more like Devil May Cry in the first person. I'm very much looking forward to the game. It pisses me off that Nintendo will be charging me an additional $20 per controller to upgrade something I've already spent $60 on, but it doesn't bother me at all that Ubisoft has made the wise decision to preserve the quality of this game by making it MotionPlus only.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
well,

when it comes to it, there'll be motion+ shovelware too

i wish nintendo doesnt give the motion+ development tools to shovelware developers

also,the big N should integrate the motionplus inside new wiimotes

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Hopefully they bundle the game with 1 MP, so it doesn't cost too much.

They could...and they should. The first game only sold well because it was a launch title with a heavy promise. But after so many folks got burned, they need to win fans back. Bundling MotionPlus accessories in with this type of game will be a very appealing offer, even for any Walmart mom.

tbmagoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"We have no idea what the penetration rate for Wii MotionPlus will be. We assume high. We would like it to be high."

Must, not, laugh.

Honestly, why would someone even say something like that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: