Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
First Nintendo Power scans are out
biggrin.gif

click for bigger image:

The art style is pretty cool IMO, looks great, and not just for a Wii game.

Still.. those are just scans, hope it looks as good in motion..
smile.gif

edit: btw, it's supposed to be running on 60fps!

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I need a facepalm for this one, they just wasting money on a game that's going to be rated lower. The first one was like Sonic 06 when it came to the controls.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks fantastic IMO, don't know what the moaning is about. And what's this with people having swords out and you shooting them? Here's hoping we don't get forced into one-on-one sword combat this time around like it looks in the scans.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck the naysayers, I love the way the game looks. Has a timeless look to it, now it just needs to have good level design, good controls and a story that'll make me want to finish it.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The first game was rushed to be a Wii launch title. It had some good ideas but poor execution.. also, they had no other FPS on the Wii to compare. Now we have Metroid Prime 3, Medal of Honnor, CoD:WaW, The Conduit amongst others.. unless people at Ubisoft are forbidden to play any other game, I don't see how they can make bad Wii FPS controls by now.

Also, this game is being on development for more than 2 years..

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
What the hell are people complaining about?

The style of the game looks great, Red Steel 1 looked like an N64 game and had no individuality.

Im starting to look forward to this now.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
The first game was rushed to be a Wii launch title. It had some good ideas but poor execution.. also, they had no other FPS on the Wii to compare. Now we have Metroid Prime 3, Medal of Honnor, CoD:WaW, The Conduit amongst others.. unless people at Ubisoft are forbidden to play any other game, I don't see how they can make bad Wii FPS controls by now.

Also, this game is being on development for more than 2 years..

Ok this changes my attitude a bit more, Red Steel did had a good storyline. The game was good but the part that made it bad was the controls; they weren't fluid with the controls. So if this can redeem the Red Steel franchise then it better have great controls with no slow down.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only thing I dont understand is why they removed multiplayer from the game. I had hours of fun with the oroginal and it was one of its best features.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think from the customizability MoH:H2 nailed it control-wise! Til that game came out we didn`t see a well executed FPS on Wii... I mean look at the RedSteel1, FarCry (
hate2.gif
) or Venguard. Those had some really bad controls. And MP3:C was never meant to be a FPS and so the low turning speed was never an issue for me but otherwise the controls of Metroid wouldn`t have been very handy for a FPS.

So I really hope they take MoH as an example!

Other than that I pretty much liked the first RedSteel and they had some pretty memorable situation in the game, which you don`t find very often in games these days. And the games looked partially pretty good for a launch title (many people stated already, that the game seemed a little unfinished
tongue.gif
so it didn`t look always as good as in some areas...).

@these screen: Looks fantastic. The setting seems great, too. But lets wait till we see it in motion and how they are planing to use motion+ in sword-fights. That can be a mechanics the game can raise or fall because!

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the art style. Although the poly count could be higher. Just hope its a lengthy game. I'm also sad that they ditched the modern Japanese style.

twisteddeeds

Trophies
XP
Country
i like the art style in this, it looks from the few shots that i've seen that its going to be a little bit steampunk (from the lead character models gun) maybe im wrong.

ubisoft have said this is out in the winter

heres hoping that nintendo will announce a new zelda with wind waker style lol

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I simply love it, it's one of my most-wanted Wii games already.
The game just promises to be everything I wanted No More Heroes and Red Steel 1 to be. Intuitive, realistic swordfights with precise motion controls meets on-rail gun shooting à la Killer7, with the great visuals everyone expected from NMH after the first trailer (back when it was still called Heroes). Let's hope those screens aren't photoshopped like hell, like the first screens of Red Steel 1 were. While Red Steel is still one of the best looking Wii games around, the in-game graphics still look pathetic to what the game looked like when it was first revealed.
Graphics-wise, No More Heroes looks like ass compared to RS2.
Red Steel 2 may not be quite as stylish and innovative as Killer7, but finally it's a game that promises to be as close to my initial expectations of the allegedly revolutionary new Wii gaming experience as it's probably going to get this generation.

Canonbeat234 said:
I need a facepalm for this one, they just wasting money on a game that's going to be rated lower. The first one was like Sonic 06 when it came to the controls.
Well, you're wrong.
UbiSoft is one of the best game developers around today, developing a high-budget "core" game for the most successful console of all times.
Can you tell me any good reason why this game should turn out worse than Assassin's Creed 2 or Prince of Persia?
Arguing that the controls in this game will be a problem because it was a problem in the first game makes no sense at all. Ever thought about why Red Steel had clunky controls?
UbiSoft tried to do all the stuff in Red Steel that players would be expecting from a new system of which the biggest selling point were new revolutionary motion-controls. Unfortunately for them, the Wiimote turned out to not offer the kind of precise controls needed for that kind of stuff at all, so they had to instead develop the game using the very limited options they got.
The controls of Red Steel may feel kinda unresponsive, but at least UbiSoft did a lot experimenting on that one. There's not a single other game on the Wii that tries to offer deep motion-controls like those, not even Metroid Prime 3 comes any close.
The sword fights in Red Steel may not have been perfect, but they were hell of a lot better than that pathetic excuse for a control scheme Dragon Quest Swords uses.

Anyone familiar with the TV-game "Kenshin Dragon Quest"? It's the game that inspired Dragon Quest Swords, and it has FAR superior motion controls than the Wii game. It's PATHETIC. Pretty much all you do in Dragon Quest Swords is point at the screen and draw lines connecting the enemies. How in the world is that supposed to create the illusion of slashing enemies with the controller?
Anyway, Kenshin Dragon Quest did surprisingly good at delivering that feeling, requiring the player to just swing the sword where the enemies are on the screen. The sensor was able to detect the direction of your sword-slash, as well as x and y coordinates that determined where on the game screen you'd attack. Ironically, Red Steel did a way better job than Dragon Quest Swords at mimicking that kind of swordfighting. UbiSoft really put a lot of effort into Red Steel, but they simply had to make sacrifices in order to be able to ship the game right at the Wii's launch.

So, now that Red Steel 2 uses the motionplus, the device that will allow UbiSoft to implement all the crazy motion-controls into the game they were already trying to implement into the first one, there's NO doubt they'll try their best to really make the most of it. They'd have to be fucking retarded to mess it up again this time.

Also, right now Wii gamers are craving new high-quality hardcore games, and this game will be the answer to thousands of gamer's prayers. So far, there's not a thing about Red Steel 2 that hints at anything else than the game most likely becoming a huge financial success for UbiSoft. I'd be REALLY surprised if this game won't do as well as they're expecting, and if it doesn't, maybe Wii gamers indeed don't deserve anything but sucky games after all.
unsure.gif

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
The only thing I dont understand is why they removed multiplayer from the game. I had hours of fun with the oroginal and it was one of its best features.

What the hell?

No way am I buying that now. Multiplayer was the best thing.

I'll wait for The Conduit and eventually Timesplitters 4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1