Red Steel 2 and Wii sports resort wont Start, need .dol

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by wiiguy, Mar 28, 2010.

1. wiiguy
    OP

Member wiiguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I can't start either game, and would like someone to point me in the direction of the alt .dol file. I cannot find it anywhere.

thanks

2. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The Alt.dol is ON the ISO file of the game.

You need to configure the USBloader (i only use Configurable USB Loader), to load up the alt.dol the first time you run up the game.

For Cfg. USB Loader,
    you select the game from the cover menu, then press 1, then go down to alt.dol, and press the right arrow to select the alt.dol.

Then A to run the game, this should then show you the Wii Motion Plus Video.

Watch the video till completion, then do whatever it asks, then the Wii will reboot.

Once restarted, go back and if selcted, deselect alt.dol, and you should be good to go.

You HAVE to watch that stupid video just the once.

I used this for Sports Resort, did not have to do again for Red Steel 2.

And it ONLY has to be done the once.

Assuming you have the ORIGINAL Games, I would think using the Original and watching the Motion Plus Video dribble would also be enough. It must mark in the NAND of the Wii that it has been seen.

3. wiiguy
    OP

Member wiiguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the reply. For some reason, My wii never remembers that I did go through that painful M+ video. So basically every month or so (maybe its when I update the loader), I need to sit through the video. I only have the .dol for wii sports, which is fine. After sitting through the vid, it worked for RS2.
    Thanks

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Do you have system menu 4.0?

5. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Yeah if you have system 4.0 you'll have to watch the video every time you play WiiWare or something like that. Updating to 4.2 should solve things (use the simplistic mod, not the official nintendo update!)

6. Lubbo

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    can someone please help im trying to get Red Steel 2 and Wii Sports Resort working, i have both iso's and have wiiscrubber open with WSR im looking for the alternate dol.
    Where is it and what is it called? What do i do with it when i find it?
    also once ive done it for WSR then do i have to do it for red steel 2?