Gaming Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword problem

Corwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having an issue with both these games. Skyward Sword isn't so bad but it may be related to the Red Steel 2 problem. Red Steel 2 objective screen keeps popping up randomly during gameplay, Skyward Sword, when dowsing or looking (Or just happens randomly) keeps shield bashing taking me out of dowsing. I don't move the nunchuk at all but it does it anyways. Sometimes it just does it while fighting. Sometimes twice in a row. But like I said it's not as bad as Red Steel 2 which just interrupts gameplay completely, which can happen right in the middle of slashing my sword. I can't find any information regarding this problem with either, but as far as I know it's an cios issue. It can't be the nunchuk cause I tried both mine and bought a new one and it still does it. No other games have this problem, just these 2.

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)

Found 158 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS220 (rev 17): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 21007): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Corwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those games both use wiimotion+, so maybe it has something to do with that...

Yeah I was thinking that too. I don't know though cause Wii Sports Resort and Wii Play Motion play just fine but not many games on those use the nunchuk so I can't really say. I hear quite a few people say they can play Red Steel 2 with no problems other than chapter 3? Saying it's freezing or asking for disc, but they never mention the objective screen popping up randomly. So my only thought is I'm not using the right cios or something like that. It can't be the controller cause I just bought it a week ago so it's brand new (And the nunchuk) unless the new built in motion plus controllers have a problem with these games.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I was thinking that too. I don't know though cause Wii Sports Resort and Wii Play Motion play just fine but not many games on those use the nunchuk so I can't really say. I hear quite a few people say they can play Red Steel 2 with no problems other than chapter 3? Saying it's freezing or asking for disc, but they never mention the objective screen popping up randomly. So my only thought is I'm not using the right cios or something like that. It can't be the controller cause I just bought it a week ago so it's brand new (And the nunchuk) unless the new built in motion plus controllers have a problem with these games.
Well I've played both of them with no problem, and went passed chapter 3 in red steel 2. I believe I'm playing both of them with the standard 249 ios in USB Loader GX and CFG (I use both, haha)

It shouldnt have anything to do with the controller since it is new, but that's what it looks like. In Zelda:SS it makes you shield bash which involves shaking the nunchuck.

How do you make the objective screen in RS2 come up on purpose? If it's something on the nunchuck then we can probably assume it's a problem with either the port on the bottom of the wiimote or the nunchuck itself...

edit: oh, and I happen to use the wiimotionplus extension, not the built in one.

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same, I use the motion plus extension. Still, when I had a problem with Red Steel 2 I just used ModMii to update it all. Turned out I hadn't actually installed new cIOSs on my Wii in about a year and was way behind the times. Might be worth your while to do that, just see if you're missing any cIOS files.

Corwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same, I use the motion plus extension. Still, when I had a problem with Red Steel 2 I just used ModMii to update it all. Turned out I hadn't actually installed new cIOSs on my Wii in about a year and was way behind the times. Might be worth your while to do that, just see if you're missing any cIOS files.

This seemed to work great :D. Been playing for about 45 minutes without it popping up :D. Thanks for the help.

Corwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well I've played both of them with no problem, and went passed chapter 3 in red steel 2. I believe I'm playing both of them with the standard 249 ios in USB Loader GX and CFG (I use both, haha)

It shouldnt have anything to do with the controller since it is new, but that's what it looks like. In Zelda:SS it makes you shield bash which involves shaking the nunchuck.

How do you make the objective screen in RS2 come up on purpose? If it's something on the nunchuck then we can probably assume it's a problem with either the port on the bottom of the wiimote or the nunchuck itself...

edit: oh, and I happen to use the wiimotionplus extension, not the built in one.

Well, even when I didn't move the nunchuk Link would do it twice in a row interrupting me when dowsing :(. But since keran22 told be to update using Modmii red steel 2 seems to be working just fine now, so I can assume Zelda would be fixed as well but I haven't played it yet. Many thanks though ;).

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This seemed to work great :D. Been playing for about 45 minutes without it popping up :D. Thanks for the help.

No problem. ModMii is a really, really great piece of software that provides a hell of a shock as to what you're missing if you've never used it before!

Corwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No problem. ModMii is a really, really great piece of software that provides a hell of a shock as to what you're missing if you've never used it before!

Well, It was working great for a while but now it's doing it again :(. The first couple times I've played it after updating it was flawless, but now it's back to doing it :(. WTF am I missing here haha. The first time I played it after updating, it did it once, then never did it again the whole hour or 2 playing it. But now it's doing it 5 to 10 seconds apart. Skyward sword still does the random shield bash but that isn't an issue to me that much, it's this that interrupts gameplay all together, right in the middle of sword slashing :(.

Edit - I am starting to think it's the controller. I was playing the super nintendo emulator earlier using the classic controller and mario was ducking over and over. Unplugged the controller and plugged it in a couple of times and it stopped. I just can't believe it is the controller cause I just bought it 2 weeks ago brand new in the box on amazon. I think I'll ask my uncle if I can borrow his controller (also built in motion plus) to try it out and if it fixes the problem I might have to cut my loss of $30 dollars and either buy a new one or get the extension for my old wiimote. Damn it, I worked hard for that money and I end up buying a defective controller :(. Ugh, time to crack open some beers.

Edit #2 - I can confirm my uncles controller works just fine with it with no problem, so it is my brand new controller :(. Well, I get paid for one day this Friday so I might go to Gamestop and pick up another new one and pray it works like my uncles. I can't believe that seller on Amazon sold me a defective controller but then again it could have been Nintendo's fault. Since it was brand new straight from the box it has to be. The controller itself works just fine, it's just the extension port. But it's not all bad, at lease when I do get a new one I can finally play these damn games without interruption haha. Oh, forgot to mention, when I used my uncles controller I used my nunchuk so I know it isn't the nunchuk.

loismustdie555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot of sellers on amazon selling fake/defective controllers but 99.99999999% of the time it's definitely a fake if it comes from Hong Kong. I bought a Wii motion plus controller, plus a nunchuck and classic controller pro from Frys electronics near my house, they NEVER sell fake stuff and are VERY quick to take things back and replace them when they are defective, which is not often. But the controller an accessories work fine in both games for me. Just out of curiosity, did you try replacing the batteries in your controller?

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot of sellers on amazon selling fake/defective controllers but 99.99999999% of the time it's definitely a fake if it comes from Hong Kong. I bought a Wii motion plus controller, plus a nunchuck and classic controller pro from Frys electronics near my house, they NEVER sell fake stuff and are VERY quick to take things back and replace them when they are defective, which is not often. But the controller an accessories work fine in both games for me. Just out of curiosity, did you try replacing the batteries in your controller?

This. Sometimes the Wii controller decides it needs good quality batteries in order to work properly. I always use rechargeable ones as they're the most trustworthy (and far, far cheaper in the long run), but try swapping out the batteries just in case.

loismustdie555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This. Sometimes the Wii controller decides it needs good quality batteries in order to work properly. I always use rechargeable ones as they're the most trustworthy (and far, far cheaper in the long run), but try swapping out the batteries just in case.

I buy Duracell batteries from costco because they give you a MASSIVE discounted price on batteries compared to anywhere else I've been to. I personally hate rechargeable batteries (except in my iPhone :D ).

frown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same problem with Skyward Sword. The problem was the Motion+ adapter.
I had bought a cheap chinese counterfeit, knowing it was a fake to save money a while back,
but when I finally had a game that used the technology it turned out to have just been a waste.
After buying a real Motion+ adapter from a local retail store, the problem went away.
Hope you weren't tricked thinking you had bought the genuine adapter.

edit: derp. Looks like you've already come to the same conclusion. That sucks.

claudiokun

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know this is an old topic but I am clueless about the solution to the same problem.
My setup Wii with its original Wiimote + nunchuk + motion plus adapter (chinese oem).
Red Steel 2 keeps bouncing between game and objectives menu.
So I tried my motion plus adapter with my parents home setup Wii + original Wiimote and nunchuck . On that setup the game and controller worked fine (no random and repeated appearance of the in-game objectives menu).
I tried updating cIOSes and all the soft on my Wii with Pimp My Wii and I still have the same problem.
It should be a software issue, since the hardware I tried are exactly the same version (the two Wii packs were bought together at the first release)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.