Red screen on NTSC games on a PAL system

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by KingMiniMoni, Jul 29, 2012.

Jul 29, 2012
  1. KingMiniMoni
    OP

Newcomer KingMiniMoni Newbie

Netherlands
    I am having some issues with playing certain NTSC games my PAL Wii. My problem is that a lot of games have a red image when playing. I'm playing on an SDTV with an RGB cable. After doing some research I came to the conclusion that the RGB cable is what's causing it.

After trying out different USB Loaders I found out that USB Loader GX fixes this issue almost all of the time. Wiiflow can fix it as well if I force the games to run at PAL60 (does this lessen the screen quality in any way, by the way?).

The one game that refuses to be fixed however is Super Smash Bros Brawl. This is bad because it's the game I play the most. I am forced to use the NTSC version, because it's the only one that supports the Project M mod (which is an awesome mod :D). I currently play it at PAL50, but it makes me weep everytime I see how bad it looks. If I force it to run at PAL60 the image just stays black. If I force it to run at NTSC the screen becomes red. Any other setting also results in a black screen.

Is there any way at all to fix this issue? Maybe I can patch the ISO somehow? Is there another USB Loader that is known to fix this issue? Configurable USB Loader doesn't help. In fact, it's the one that I have had the worst experiences with.

Who can give me the magic tip? :)

2. LWares87

Member LWares87 The 'Wise' Merchant

United Kingdom
    Change video mode to Disc Default and see if that makes any difference.