Gaming Red Lights of Death possibility for console made at 10.07.2007

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Can't find anywhere answer for this.. =(
Anyone know was there still problems with consoles released at that date?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any 360 can get red rings or equivalent errors. The later models/builds are less susceptible though.

That one is probably on the tipping point of reliability.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
xraven13 said:
Thx. I am trying to buy something cheap, but i wanna make that is risk lowest as possible.
The 2007 ones should be Zephyrs, If I remember correctly. I've had quite some, and they showed RROD and E74 in a way or other.

Obviously, you can always be lucky and get a good console, but if you wanna be certain, you should go for the 2009 consoles. Those seems pretty resistant. At least until now.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well its said that Jaspers are somewhat "immune" to the problem, but if you ask me its completely random and could happen at any moment

Look around the market, you'll find newer models for sure. OR pick up a cheap NEW arcade, buy the Live Starter kit and your off
smile.gif

EDIT : Its seems raulpica is a faster typer
tongue.gif

Rogue_Syst3m

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have gone through 2 pro's (white) and one elite all with the RROD, the only thing that saved me was the extended warranty through best buy

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
look on the back of the 360 just above the power plug.

if it says 16.5A or 14.2A then it's a rrod candidate.

if it says 12.1A then you're 'safe'.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lenselijer said:
look on the back of the 360 just above the power plug.

if it says 16.5A or 14.2A then it's a rrod candidate.

if it says 12.1A then you're 'safe'.

just out of interest what does the "A" stand for ?

ampre? amps? something like that ?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Its the motherboard.

Falcons and other boards have a 16.5A or 14.2A rating, these are susceptible to RRoDs

Jaspers have a lower rating of 12.1A due to a smaller GPU size (or something like that) to try and stop the overheating. Its very easy to tell if you have a Jasper Unit as they include an extra bit of storage on the motherboard itself for Arcade consoles to hold the NXE.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Nope. Its the motherboard.

Falcons and other boards have a 16.5A or 14.2A rating, these are susceptible to RRoDs

Jaspers have a lower rating of 12.1A due to a smaller GPU size (or something like that) to try and stop the overheating. Its very easy to tell if you have a Jasper Unit as they include an extra bit of storage on the motherboard itself for Arcade consoles to hold the NXE.

hence the word something

i just didn't know the relationship that it had with Motherboards i.e 12.1 A= Jasper

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Red ring is an odd thing and there are many contributing factors depending on the people you speak to (we had big discussions on the subject around here).

Granted those lower current draw systems also run a bit cooler on the CPU front (a nice side effect of shrinking gate size on a CPU) which does not hurt- it was never a heat issue but cooler electronics is always nice.

Basically I would not read a direct link between current usage limits and RRoD- indeed your PC probably draws more current (even at 20A that makes for 240 watts) if you want an example for your head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt