Red External HDD To Go With Red Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by PityOnU, Aug 23, 2012.

Aug 23, 2012
  1. PityOnU
    OP

Member PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm trying to find a red external HDD or HDD enclosure that will match with my limited edition red Wii.

I've already spent more money than I should have buying another red Wiimote/nunchuk set for multiplayer gaming, in addition to having to import red Classic Controller Pro's from Europe so the whole set would match (I'm weird like that). Now it's just driving me crazy that my external HDD I use for backups is black, and is throwing the whole thing off :glare:

I was just wondering if maybe anyone here is as weird as me about matching this stuff, and if they managed to find a drive that would match. Multiple searches of many retailers (including eBay) have yet to reveal anything suitable.

2. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    http://www.amazon.com/Acomdata-Tango-2-5-Inch-Enclosure-TNGXXXUSE-BLU/dp/B001XHBNN2/ref=sr_1_24_m?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345739842&sr=1-24&keywords=external+hard+drive+enclosure

an i have this one, to match my xmc clear blue.
    http://www.amazon.com/Acomdata-Tango-2-5-Inch-Enclosure-TNGXXXUSE-BLU/dp/B001XHBNN2/ref=sr_1_24_m?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345739842&sr=1-24&keywords=external+hard+drive+enclosure
    works great.

1 person likes this.
  3. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Hide the HDD behind your Wii

4. rehevkor

Member rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Spray paint it.

5. PityOnU
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the pointer! But (here's the part where I sound really pedantic - and I appologize) it's not a glossy red! I would like an enclosure that is the same glossy fire engine red as the Wii.

That's pretty much what I am doing right now. /shun

I had considered this, but my previous attempts have never really turned out well :(

6. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Gut the disc drive and put the HDD inside. Actually, now that I think of that I might try that, it would be sweet!

7. PityOnU
    OP

United States
    Thanks for all of the responses everyone.

Taking into account your suggestions, I found this store here that sells 2.5" enclosures (based in the USA no less). I figure the enclosures towards the bottom of the page are smooth looking enough that I could have a go at spray-painting them red, followed by some clear coat for a glossy finish. For $7, why not try?

Wish me luck!

8. jaydeekay

Newcomer jaydeekay Member

United States
    There's this too if you haven't bought something already.

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Passport-Portable-Drive/dp/B007FQNLOY/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1345852564&sr=8-18&keywords=western+digital+hard+drive

I buy WD passport drives all the time & they always work great