Red Dragon 3DS, Nintendo Virtual Boy Emulator Port

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been waiting a long time.
Sad Nintendo failed to do this first as they would have made some money easily.

Hoping we'll see a way to add color to the game graphics now that we can play them on a true 3D screen.
I'm ready to start coloring in all the graphics in all the games in case such a feature can happen. :3

Also hope this will give the Virtual Boy homebrew scene a little boost or at least encourage Virtual Boy styled games just for the fun of it. :3

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been waiting a long time.
Sad Nintendo failed to do this first as they would have made some money easily.

Hoping we'll see a way to add color to the game graphics now that we can play them on a true 3D screen.
I'm ready to start coloring in all the graphics in all the games in case such a feature can happen. :3

Also hope this will give the Virtual Boy homebrew scene a little boost or at least encourage Virtual Boy styled games just for the fun of it. :3
I wont burst your dream bubble... so have fun coloring in "Red Alarm".

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wont burst your dream bubble... so have fun coloring in "Red Alarm".
I'll do it! xD

With the vectors like that game has I'd imagine a simple color overlay system might work but then again that would be a rather difficult game to colorize.
Probably would need a hack to help tell the emulator where to paint over the colors but even then it would be very limited and probably not worth the effort. (easier in photoshop xD)

Still a fun one, love that game.

I'm mostly thinking of the more sprite based one like the Mario and Wario games.
Then it would just be a matter of overlaying tiles or the like.

Then again that mind numbing red color is rather nostalgic.

Reactions: HtheB

danielps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just pushed a fix that doesn't give any memory errors on roms like Teleroboxer (at least on citra). I don't think this fixes the 3dsx problem but it's worth a try. There should also be a slight speed improvement.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I just pushed a fix that doesn't give any memory errors on roms like Teleroboxer (at least on citra). I don't think this fixes the 3dsx problem but it's worth a try. There should also be a slight speed improvement.

Thanks for the update! Just tried with Teleroboxer again and it was able to get in game, navigate the menus, but froze once a round started. Also a few graphical glitches with the 3D turned on.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone happened to have either a icon.bin or a .smdh file that goes with this emulator for the .3dsx verson?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either