ROM Hack Red/Blue Remake

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to make a Remake of the first Pokemon Generation out of X/Y or OR/AS?
Well, we have the ability to edit 3DS files nowadays, but so far it's been mainly translation and (un)dubbing. It's totally possible, but it would be an incredible undertaking and probably not worth the effort.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just wait here for about seven years. By that time, we'll have everything we need to start editing text and maybe even textures.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wait here for about seven years. By that time, we'll have everything we need to start editing text and maybe even textures.
It's already possible. There are already 3DS games being translated, and I think I remember something about a hacker putting Ridley's model into Smash. I doubt there's a significant difficulty difference between being able to edit models and being able to edit textures, but I know nothing about that sort of thing, so who knows.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sure it would be possible!
Someone's helping me to make a unpacker/rebuilder for .arc (darc) files and some other files (like xbb and PAPA in Harvest Moon).
With this, I'm able to rewrite the whole Game (create new events, add npcs, new maps etc).
But right now, I only have Problems with Exporting and reimporting Models (not only for Harvest Moon, possibly will have a Problem with this with Pokemon, too).

More about this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/everyfileexplorer-problems-with-exporting-reimporting-models.383473/

Editing / create new models is one of the easier parts
d19d92dd2d.png

Reactions: MisterPantsEyes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans