Red blood in GBA DOOM?

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by danielgardino, Jul 27, 2008.

Jul 27, 2008

Red blood in GBA DOOM? by danielgardino at 4:48 AM (2,799 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. danielgardino
    OP

Newcomer danielgardino Member

United States
    Hello! I love the DOOM GBA version and I wonder if there are any patches to make the blood color turn red. Any information will be helpful. Thanks!

2. natkoden

Member natkoden Not a New Member

Argentina
    Uhm... I played Doom GBA and the blood was red...

Try checking the options

3. santorix10

Member santorix10 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I can confirm the USA version has green blood. (Curse you Nintendo and your censorship...)

4. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    There exist no options, perhaps only hacks which could tint the blood red, if it's part of the sprite's animation it's unlikely you could tint the blood red without ruining the whole sprite pallette, and "painting" them manually would take time and a hack program. Several changes to adult content, I noticed:

-green blood
    -no gibbing on high damage and no blood pools on squished corpses
    -removal of mutilated corpses or body parts hanged from different places
    -corpses disappear after a few seconds(though more likely to save CPU load, they still exist and Archville can revive them where they were killed)

Censorship continues in Doom 2 GBA:

-removal of swastika symbols, Gestapo eagle turned into a pidgeon(WTF?!) and Hitler's portrait altered to look like another person in the 2 secret Wolfenstein levels
    -level 27 Exit chamber walls made of canvas holding in mass of body parts which leak bloody guts through openings here and there altered to show coccoon-like white organic matter behind, which does not leak

In both games Doomguy's face still gets bloody when health drops. There are no enraged and high damage blow recieved animations though. I don't know why they'd remove those. John Romero's head on a stick might still have red blood, but it's unaccessible since there is no clipping code. Doom 2 GBA is a much more accurate port. Even includes the original music(HOW COULD THEY SWAP THE LEGENDARY E1M1 HANGAR MUSIC FOR CRAP?!?!).

5. santorix10

Member santorix10 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Palette hacks would do that easy.