Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just loaded 5 bears into a tank, launched the 5 bears out of the tank (a la clown college)... said bears parachuted down for a death from the above attack.

This game is sweet.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
I just loaded 5 bears into a tank, launched the 5 bears out of the tank (a la clown college)... said bears parachuted down for a death from the above attack.

This game is sweet.
Bear cavalry, school girl psychics, transformers. What more could you possibly want?

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
BiscuitBee said:

This game is sweet.
Bear cavalry, school girl psychics, transformers. What more could you possibly want?

Something that is actually from the Command & Conquer universe as opposed to cartoon like bears and little girls raging war against a red and purple blurry being.

It looks to me like the very essence of Command & Conquer has been lost in these titles from EA.

At least C&C Tiberian Wars could be taken more seriously and attempted to have the C&C feel to it.

Parachuting bears belong in the circus.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Red Alert was always about silly stuff here and there. The plots were all horrible, yet somewhat funny. I hear command and conquer generals was a bit more serious, though.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
juggernaut911 said:
generals was more serious, but I missed the fun units. it also just had a crap feel to it IMO...
Then generals engine was crappy as hell. Generals was fun though but only so far as at LANs we pretty much ended up always tie-ing the game or just beatin the crap out of everyone due to some advantage we had.

The added advantages of RA3 is that water is back and you can build on water. Things feel slightly more as if regardless of what happens / what kind of a base / enemy you are facing there is always a possibility of nailing the other person by building units he/she doesn't have defences against. Forcing you to build all types of units effectivly. The hard com is pretty damn annoying though (it's more crappy then the normal one). All in all it's a fun game, but I enjoyed Tiberium Sun way more. I AM pretty happy that they took the engine from Tiberium Wars though, that one is much better then the generals engine.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also enjoy Tiberian Sun more than any of the new ones.

Tiberian Sun has so many great Mods and there is nothing like playing as the Cabal faction in the Total War Mod attacking a base using the huge Cabal Defender or using stealth / subterranean Harvestors or 50 Cyber Commanders to storm a base.

The AI has also been improved in a lot of these Mods and the Mutants are playable. I hope many here have experienced how great these Mods are too.

Generals also has some great Mods like Progen.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've played it for about 10 mins now, and I'm kinda disappointed by all the colors in it...
It's just too colorfull for me, I liked C&C3 much more on that point.

But gameplay wise, it's pretty good. Although I should still play around with it for a few hours, it's definately not a bad game
smile.gif

Just those colors are a bit too much for me.

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Any mods available to zoom out further? Or is there an option in the menu to increase the 'zoom out' to higher than that of the default by any chance?

and no, he's definetely referring to tiberian sun.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tyuno123 said:
wasn't it tiberium wars instead of tiberium sun or is it another game ?
Tiberian Sun was the original Red alert. But then the style was moved over to the Tiberian Sun name. Later Red Alert came out as a separate series.
wacko.gif

BiscuitCookie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BortzANATOR said:
tyuno123 said:
wasn't it tiberium wars instead of tiberium sun or is it another game ?
Tiberian Sun was the original Red alert. But then the style was moved over to the Tiberian Sun name. Later Red Alert came out as a separate series.
wacko.gif
Tiberian Sun was the sequel to Command & Conquer AKA Tiberian Dawn ,and continued the story of the tiberium universe.
Red Alert came after Tiberian Dawn ,and before Tiberian Sun. Red alert 2 came after Tiberian Sun.

EA messed with Westwood around the time they were busy with Tiberian sun, and EA made Westwood rush it.
After C&C Renegade EA killed Westwood and created EALA , and made generals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all