Hacking Recovery Menu??

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Browse down to Systemmenu Hacks press A and select the hacks you want then go down to save settings and press A, press B to go back and do the same in Settings, for now I'd just select autoboot to systemmenu and return to systemenu and read up on anything else you might want

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
go to settings and set it to normally boot directly to the system menu instead of preloader
then preloader will be hidden at startup
If you need it again, just hold reset after powering on

When I select systemmenu it goes to the Wii Warring/health Screen..?

Did I screw up..?
frown.gif

EDIT!

Thanks, cwstjdenobs

Its working like normal now..
smile.gif

So now if I brick my Wii I should be able to fix it...
smile.gif
?

2 questions, lol

1.I selected to skip updates dose that mean I can play stor bought copys of games like "Mad World" and it wont update my Wii?"

2.Can I delete preloader from my SD card?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
oxMUDxo said:
kedest said:
go to settings and set it to normally boot directly to the system menu instead of preloader
then preloader will be hidden at startup
If you need it again, just hold reset after powering on

When I select systemmenu it goes to the Wii Warring/health Screen..?

Did I screw up..?
frown.gif

no that's normal.
to disable the healthscreen you need to set a system menu hack

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANKS ALL OF YOU/ kedest.

Now I have 2 questions??

1. I selected "skip disc updates" dose that mean I can play store bought games like "Mad World" with out it updating my Wii..?

2. Do I still need the PreLoader boot.dil on my SD Card for it to work?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
oxMUDxo said:
Thanks guys..

I just want to make sure there is something I need to install to my Wii before I brick it, to fix it if it gets bricked...Right..?

This is what PreLoader is right?

Yes, that's preloader
it can also do some other nice stuff. such as disabling the lame background music in the wii menu and disabling the health screen for example

Your statement is completely false. Preloader was never intended nor designed for brick protection it was mearly a side effect...... In fact those words came from Crediar so yeah. It does indeed offer brick protection but is not at all designed for it. I'm starting to think that this is changing given what was said to be in work for version .30 or maybe it's just for the purpose of cleaning up the install and making it a little more resistant to nintendos updates. Who can say beside the creater himself? Either way I do indeed agree that preloader is the best option at this time.

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
1:) As long as you install the needed IOS then yes

2:) No, that's just the installer, preloader is now on your NAND

1. I have cIOS36_rev10 installed, that is the most up to date cIOS so every game that's out now should be safe for my Wii...Right?

2. Thanks I will delete it so no one uses it and messes up what I have installed..
smile.gif

THANKS!!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hells Guardian said:
kedest said:
oxMUDxo said:
Thanks guys..

I just want to make sure there is something I need to install to my Wii before I brick it, to fix it if it gets bricked...Right..?

This is what PreLoader is right?

Yes, that's preloader
it can also do some other nice stuff. such as disabling the lame background music in the wii menu and disabling the health screen for example

Your statement is completely false. Preloader was never intended nor designed for brick protection it was mearly a side effect...... In fact those words came from Crediar so yeah. It does indeed offer brick protection but is not at all designed for it. I'm starting to think that this is changing given what was said to be in work for version .30 or maybe it's just for the purpose of cleaning up the install and making it a little more resistant to nintendos updates. Who can say beside the creater himself? Either way I do indeed agree that preloader is the best option at this time.

It doesn't matter what it was designed for. He's asking for brick protection and preloader is the answer.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader does offer partial brick protection yes. I never said it doesn't. However I did say that brick protection is not it's intended purpose.

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, theres some debate on this one..lol,

All I know is I installed preloader and thats better than nothing..

Im happy with some of the hacks it gives you "Skip Disc Updates" is real use full..
Now I can rent games and instell them with USB Loader and play them with out the worry of them updating my system..

Wheres a good place to learn more about new hacks like HackMii and stuff.?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs