Recovering Pokémon X

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by RadicalFX, Feb 24, 2017.

1. RadicalFX
    OP

RadicalFX Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2017
    Good Evening all!

Unfortunately due to hinge related accident in December, my 3DSXL was rendered out of action and had to be sent off to a repair centre for purely physical-based repairs. After paying for the repair and waiting a substantial length of time, the console was returned to me - but had been formatted.

Fortunately, before I had sent off the console I had made a full backup of the MicroSD Card, including my digital copy of Pokémon X and it's savedata. I have come to understand that a simple copy and paste job to restore the data will not work due to encryption measurements, and I simply receive a message stating that the save data is corrupted and cannot be used.

I've been trawling through various webpages trying to find a solution, but have had no luck thus far. Do you guys have any suggestions for what I could try next? I'm also more than happy to send the file to you if it would be of any use.

Many Thanks,

RadicalFX

2. SonicCloud

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    Just try deleting save data on Pokemon X and do a new save and then inject your old save

3. RadicalFX
    OP

RadicalFX Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2017
    Sorry, so just delete the save, start a new one and then just copy it back over again? (Also new to modding/exploiting the 3DS)

4. SonicCloud

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
  5. Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds Smartass

Banned
    Nov 17, 2016
    Mexico
    @SonicCloud Dude, don't misinform.
    The 32 digits in the folders are different.
    @RadicalFX I've seen a guy with the same problem before, sorry to say but your Pokémon have been ereased from existence.

6. SonicCloud

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    Wait , OP . Do you have the backup (a "main" file) of the X game?

7. Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds Smartass

Banned
    Nov 17, 2016
    Mexico
    His Pokémon are ded

8. RadicalFX
    OP

RadicalFX Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2017
    No, just an SD dump after the console broke and was unbootable - a 00000001.sav - though I know this has not provided much luck for others whatsoever.

I was worried that would be the case. I've found another solution online that I don't hold out much hope for, as it recommends downloading the game again but then over-writing its main and save data with the copies I'd made - probably won't work, but what's the harm in trying eh?

Cheers anyway guys!

Last edited by RadicalFX, Feb 24, 2017
    Imacaredformy2ds likes this.