Recovering animal crossing save data from a dead 3ds.

psintek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm new at this, please forgive me me if the answer is obvious.

I want to transfer an animal crossing new leaf save file from my old 3ds to a new one. The old 3ds doesn't work anymore, so I had to extract and decrypt the save data from my SD card. I was able to transfer the data from another game using checkpoint, but I'm unable to do so with my animal crossing save. I've read that you need a garden_plus.dat file, but I'm unable to find it in my 3ds's save files, the only thing I've found was a .sav file and two extdata files (labbeled as "00000001" and "00000002"), but the extdata files are considerably smaller than the .sav file.

Is there any way to extract the garden_plus.dat file from my .sav file? or is it lost forever?

I've attached the .sav file in case it was needed.

Attachments

• ACNL save.rar
    5.5 MB · Views: 114

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm new at this, please forgive me me if the answer is obvious.

I want to transfer an animal crossing new leaf save file from my old 3ds to a new one. The old 3ds doesn't work anymore, so I had to extract and decrypt the save data from my SD card. I was able to transfer the data from another game using checkpoint, but I'm unable to do so with my animal crossing save. I've read that you need a garden_plus.dat file, but I'm unable to find it in my 3ds's save files, the only thing I've found was a .sav file and two extdata files (labbeled as "00000001" and "00000002"), but the extdata files are considerably smaller than the .sav file.

Is there any way to extract the garden_plus.dat file from my .sav file? or is it lost forever?

I've attached the .sav file in case it was needed.
Do you have a nand backup of the old console? Cause right now those .sav files are encrypted and you would need to use https://gbatemp.net/threads/extract...nd-backups-and-sd-contents-with-ninfs.499994/ to properly decrypt the file from there. If you dont have the nand backup or a way to get the moveable.sed then no, there wont be any way to get the save file back.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why are so many things here that I have to reply to at the moment when I feel that bad at the moment?
I used the 'SD Card Contents ("Nintendo 3ds" from SD)' option in ninfs.
The file is decrypted and extracts just fine with 3ds-save-tool (disa-extract.py). Should be in the format Checkpoint can restore on another console.

Since I don't know the title ID (and don't have your KeyY – think that one is missing), the CMAC verification doesn't work. Do you want me to upload the result or setup the tool yourself?

Reactions: godreborn

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the title ID is "0004000000198e00".
I don't know what a KeyY is, does it have something to do with the movable.sed? I can send that if necessary.
Don't share KeyY (it is part of movable.sed) publicly on the internet.
Since it is already decrypted KeyY isn't strictly needed – just for verifying CMAC (they output is the same without).

Again: Do you want me to upload the output? I have no means of testing the files short of the Animal Crossing game(s) myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality