Hacking Recover the original System Transfer icon of the vWii

tsvx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the Wii mode there's a Wii System Transfer icon (in the picture I've drawn a red circle around it) which is not the real tool, it just leads to Wii Shop Channel to download the actual tool (blue one).
Also as said here on Nintendo support:
https://en-americas-support.nintend...how-to-transfer-content-from-a-wii-to-a-wii-u

But the problem I have is when I downloaded the actual tool (blue one), on the next boot the red one has disappeared forever.
I tried to remove the installed tool and even reset the console but that first icon (red one) never returns. How can I bring it back?
ss-wii-systemtransferdownloaded-611x342.png

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You're going to need to find the Wad that correspond to that channel most likely. But since sharing Wads is against forum rules, you're going to need to find that yourself.

Reactions: tsvx

tsvx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes thanks, yesterday I got it done like that.
First I tried "Recover a vWii IOS/Channel" Aggressive mode but didn't help. Then I used the NAND I had backed up before the shortcut was gone. I made a wad form it "00010002-48435450 EUR" and installed it using YAWMM. Even after the system reset I did, it remained there like what it was before.

Last edited by tsvx,
Reactions: GABO1423

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all