Hacking Recover save games from A9LH SD card possible?

lostdotfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering if I can recover my save games at all given my situation;

Had a major fail with my A9LH O3DS which is now dud dead. I've picked up a N3DS and just finished A9LHing it. Just wondering if there is any way I can get my save data off the old SD card and transfer it over to my new SD card - or am I stuffed?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there was a ticket thing you could use so that the SD card would pick up games from another 3DS and run them as if it's own. I don't remember what it was called though.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Had a major fail with my A9LH O3DS which is now dud dead. I've picked up a N3DS and just finished A9LHing it. Just wondering if there is any way I can get my save data off the old SD card and transfer it over to my new SD card - or am I stuffed?
If you had a backup of your o3ds SysNAND, you could restore it and just copy the Nintendo 3DS over. The saves are there, they're just encrypted and associated to your system.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry bro, your screwed. You can't dump anything cause your o3ds is dead, so its a no go for your saves. If you had trusty ol' emunand on it, it would have been a different story....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, do you have a dump of the o3ds nand (you should have one, its only stated everywhere to make one lml)? If you do, you can extract the files from there with osfmount.

Reactions: Hyoretsu

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, do you have a dump of the o3ds nand (you should have one, its only stated everywhere to make one lml)? If you do, you can extract the files from there with osfmount.
The saves aren't stored in the NAND, and I doubt osfmount supports Nintendo's proprietary file system. The NAND does contain a FAT16 partition, which could be extracted and mounted... But again, the saves aren't stored in the NAND.

So unless there's some way of using your NAND backup with Citra that I'm unaware of (which would be fucking amazing if possible), then OP is shit out of luck.

A hardmod is of course an option, but if OP has already bought a new3DS I doubt he's interested in spending any more money on his dead old3DS.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The saves aren't stored in the NAND, and I doubt osfmount supports Nintendo's proprietary file system. The NAND does contain a FAT16 partition, which could be extracted and mounted... But again, the saves aren't stored in the NAND.

So unless there's some way of using your NAND backup with Citra that I'm unaware of (which would be fucking amazing if possible), then OP is shit out of luck.

A hardmod is of course an option, but if OP has already bought a new3DS I doubt he's interested in spending any more money on his dead old3DS.
Im well aware that they aren't stored on the nand, however the files used to decrypt the SD card (specifically ticket.db and movable.sed) are. if he wishes to backup saves, the op can use those and OSF mount *does* actually support the fat16 partition:ha:

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im well aware that they aren't stored on the nand, however the files used to decrypt the SD card (specifically ticket.db and movable.sed) are. if he wishes to backup saves, the op can use those and OSF mount *does* actually support the fat16 partition:ha:
Oh, okay. It wasn't clear to me you were talking about the ticket.db and movable.sed before. I know the fat16 can be mounted, that's exactly what I said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?