neff123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello guys,
Don´t know if this is a silly question, but should i be able to recover my prodinfo
that was wiped with incognito if i do a nand recovery (with original backup)?
Thanks in advance for any help!

NotErista

Trophies
Website
amazon.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,
Don´t know if this is a silly question, but should i be able to recover my prodinfo
I think so do you have the sd backup cus atmosphere backups up ur prodinfo automatically

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys,
Yes you should be able to. If you don't want to touch your sysnand It may even be possible to just convert your backup into a file based emuMMC with hekate and get the prodinfo from there, if Incognito_RCM works with filed based emuMMC (I know it works with partitions emuMMC, no idea with file based).

Edit : I think simply booting the file based emuMMC with atmos should make it automatically backup the prodinfo actually, then you'll find it in /atmosphere/automatic_backups , so you may not even need Incognito_RCM.

Last edited by LeMageFro,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case any of the above is confusing: yes your prodinfo is buried in a full MMC backup. There are also seperate ways to just back up prodinfo seperately which you probably haven't used, but that's fine since its also part of a complete MMC backup.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The old backup should have the original prodinfo. I think you can use nxnandmanager to extract out the prodinfo of your old backup and restore it back with hekate/memloader on emmc (sysnand).

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
From what I have read is that there is a default.txt and emummc.txt.

I assume default.txt covers ofw and cfw. Can some one confirm ?
You are mixing the terms. CFW/OFW is not the same as SysMMC/EmuMMC.
CFW is when booting with Atmosphere or SX OS. OFW is when you boot the Switch the official way. So when you boot OFW the DNS mitm function of Atmosphere naturally doesn't protect you since Atmosphere is not running at all in that scenario.

The default.txt will work in both EmuMMC and SysMMC so if you boot CFW in SysMMC you will be protected by DNS mitm if you use the default.txt file. I do it that way so if I ever by mistake boot my SysMMC with CFW I am still blocking Nintendo servers. But if I boot OFW then I am not blocking anything because then I want to be able to play online.

Reactions: de9ed

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are mixing the terms. CFW/OFW is not the same as SysMMC/EmuMMC.
CFW is when booting with Atmosphere or SX OS. OFW is when you boot the Switch the official way. So when you boot OFW the DNS mitm function of Atmosphere naturally doesn't protect you since Atmosphere is not running at all in that scenario.

The default.txt will work in both EmuMMC and SysMMC so if you boot CFW in SysMMC you will be protected by DNS mitm if you use the default.txt file. I do it that way so if I ever by mistake boot my SysMMC with CFW I am still blocking Nintendo servers. But if I boot OFW then I am not blocking anything because then I want to be able to play online.

Thanks for the explanation, this is definitely correct way to interpret the default and emummc txt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita