Hardware Recover Files from HDD

hoist20032002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I was trying to fix my micro sd card to reformat and ended up wiping my 1tb external clean. Is there any way to get my files back? Especially my pics, text documents, notepad files, etc...? I know that I have to use a Data Recovery program to get my stuff back through partition but which one would help get all my files back? I have EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard...Will that work?

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Okay, so I was trying to fix my micro sd card to reformat and ended up wiping my 1tb external clean. Is there any way to get my files back? Especially my pics, text documents, notepad files, etc...? I know that I have to use a Data Recovery program to get my stuff back through partition but which one would help get all my files back? I have EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard...Will that work?
Try Recuva first. Works in most cases especially if you haven't added new stuff to the said HDD

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recuva is a nice first pass at this sort of thing
https://www.piriform.com/recuva
After this depending upon what you did then
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec does well for files, the other program on the site called testdisk does well at recovering dud partitions.

Between those two sites if I can't recover something then it is doubtful another program will be able to pull it off as most use similar methods to those.

Do note that save for the dud partitions stuff you will want to have another drive to recover to. You will also have learned the big lesson of messing with drives and partitions -- if you can then do remove everything else but the thing you are booting from (and if that can be a read only CD then even better), whatever you might be recovering to and the thing you are fixing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.