Gaming Recording Sound

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I need help with recording issues for my PC. I'm trying to find a program that can record with quality like this. So far, I've tried using Fraps, however I cannot figure out how to record sound without buying a mic! (The 30 second limit is pretty cheap, too.) I've looked up tutorials, but I have found nothing helpful...

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only program I know of is Power Audio Recorder, which can record sounds through your sound card.

However, the quality isn't great and in order to get the full version, you'll have to sail the seven seas (pirate).

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, ok. It's just that I've tried with Hypercam, Camstudio, and Fraps, but nothings worked. I have to go to school now, but when I get back I shall try this "Audacity."

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, doesn't work. But it's also not what I'm looking for. I think it's something wrong with my computer... The only option I have to record sound is SigmaTel Audio... I just don't know what to do.

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, here's what I have it set to. Any ideas on why it won't record sound?

helpsound.JPG

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stereo Mix needs to be on, then you can just play record in Audacity and it will record whatever you're playing through your PC.

EDIT:
Wait, you have Stereo Mix on :S. No idea why it isn't working, works fine on my PC.
Oh, and thanks, I just found out that keeping on Stereo Mix is what was causing the crackling in my speakers.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use a pass through cable. It's got a headphone adapter on both ends. Plug one end into your speakers and the other into your Mic input. Works fine for me.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:
You probably mean Line In cable, and yeah that would work, though it would probably be poor quality compared to recording straight off the computer.
the amount is negligible if the audio is uncompressed, however if the audio is compressed, being changed to raw then recompressed, audio loss will most definitely occur (although still close to negligible). IF the audio is compressed, I don't see why the OP couldn't just track down the files responsible for whatever noise he is looking to record though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH