Homebrew Record 3DS Gameplay possible?

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Not without kernel access or some other crazy tricks.

I wonder if it'd be possible to setup a service to read out the lcd framebuffers and write them to a file, but I imagine that would probably kill performance...

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Saving framebuffer is simple but without kernel access you cannot create a sort of plugin so, with ninjhax is impossible (At least, developers can make recordable gameplay of their own game-homebrews/emulators). Maybe with Gateway/NTR CFW it can be possible.

MarioBrosThe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saving framebuffer is simple but without kernel access you cannot create a sort of plugin so, with ninjhax is impossible (At least, developers can make recordable gameplay of their own game-homebrews/emulators). Maybe with Gateway/NTR CFW it can be possible.

oh okay. thanks for the info!

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Lol i know. But still probably not.
just a thought that's probably bugged in a lot of ways: 3ds Controller can connect to windows devices, so maybe we can make a program to put 3ds screen on windows devices.

With ninjhax you cannot patch kernel syscalls and you cannot start 3DS roms so you cannot execute any kind of code during a 3DS rom session.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If there was to be one, it would have to reside in the system OS and not as homebrew. As far as I can tell, the 3DS can not boot two different apps at the same time. It can run certain system apps while a game is suspended, but certianly not two games at once (since Ninjhax resides in game user space so Cubic Ninja has to boot up and take up CPU/Ram space to use Ninjhax stuff)

I don't think the 3DS has enough power to record video of a screen while a game is playing. Especially with RAM/CPU intensive games like Super Smash Bros or Pokemon X/Y/ORAS.

The New3DS might handle it to some degree perhaps if you limited it to one screen at a time, but I don't see it ever happening with both screens at once. This isn't even factoring in audio. Though you can just hook the 3DS up to the line in jack of your PC and record the audio that way. It's just a matter of taking the video and syncing it to the audio track in post processing using the PC/MAC program of your choice.

I only see this happening on a Gateway exploited console. Ninjhax is definitely out of the question here.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering the amazing progress of developers this year; Any updates on utilizing the new 3ds to record game play without a capture card? Or atleast project the 3ds wirelessly through a computer?

Last edited by cooroxd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte