recommended way to learn Japanese fast?

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
just as the topic says, i'd like to ask for a method so that i can learn japanese better,

i'm not talking about just speed though, the problem is i'm learning it alone and even though i try, memorizing hiragana my mind hurts, it;s like my minds rejecting japanese characters so anyone have suggestions?

Edit: Okay, i'm already working on one of the suggestions, keep this thread dead.
I already got the help i needed

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Japanese Class
mellow.gif

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Effectively learning the language will take years, and there's no "fast" way. You could try purchasing Rosetta Stone or other software that can teach Japanese decently, but they're rather expensive. You could also try enrolling in a language course in the (near) future if you can, as you'd be able to actually communicate and practice with other people, and learn better methods to memorizing hiragana, katakana, and kanji. There's also searching around online for various sources that can help you out.

That's all I can tell you.

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
"I might take 1-2 years tops"

This is a joke, right? I certainly loled at that one. Detecting much hipster in this thread.

Its a language if you are serious about you should spend your life learning if you really want to learn to communicate effectively on each level of politeness and if you don't learn at least 1-2 dialects and claim "fluency" please never post online anywhere ever again.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
Move to Japan.
QUOTE(shlong @ Oct 26 2010, 08:26 PM) ...be japanese?
The best 2 ways really
rofl.gif

It depends what you define as "fast"

Sure, you can learn it fast but fast would equal about 2 years.
tongue.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
If you just want to be able to understand it (by listening) and read it, it should take around 2 years to get to a decent level. If you're wanting to speak it fluently as well, it'll take a while, and it'll be highly advised to take a trip to Japan to try to communicate with the local Japanese people.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I remember I had a good link for a website where some folks were discussing how to learn japanese.. and they came up with some very good ideas.. I lost that link but one good idea was to immerse yourself in japanese culture, listen to j pop, yeaa or something like that..

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Veho said:
Move to Japan.

You know, I hear that suggestion for like every language, but is that good for someone who has zero skill in the language? I can understand if you have a base to work with, you can expand just by exposing yourself a little more and grasping things out of your usual zone. But if you have zero knowledge of the language, would you still get anything out of it?

He wasn't serious.

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
There is never a fast way to learn anything (properly).

For Hiragana and Katakana, I recommend not staring at the entire chart, but each line to try and learn it. Sadly, unless you have photographic memory, the only way to actually learn it is continual reading and writing.

What I did in 1st year was got a blank piece of papar and wrote the character all the way across x 2, pronouncing it each time I wrote it. Try buying/making your own flash cards and pick them at random, to see if you can remember how to pronounce it, afterwards. Once you`re confident with that line, move onto the next and repeat. Then use your combined flash cards and see if you can recognize them all.

PharaohsVizier: I think it would be quite moronic if you went to a country with zero skill in the language. It`s too optimistic to think that you will just magically pick up the language, IMO. I mean if you know nothing about it (grammar, vocabulary etc), then you will continue to understand nothing. That or you will be learning at a very slow rate. I think the best way to learn would be to have about 3 - 4 years of knowledge in the language, and then go over. By 4th year, you should have most of the grammar down, so all that would be left to learn is vocabularly, writing and speaking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1