Recommended size of WBFS Partition

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by MushiSushi, Sep 16, 2009.

Sep 16, 2009
  1. MushiSushi
    OP

Newcomer MushiSushi Newbie

Canada
    Hello,

I recently brought a new TB hard drive for the purpose of copying my games and running them off the harddrive. However, I'm not sure if I'll need the entire drive just for Games.

Would 500gigs be sufficient?

Also, if I need more space in the future, is it possible to resize the partition without formatting the drive?

Thanks,
    Ed

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    just use half of the drive for wii and other for other stuff that's what i did with my 320gb i parted 160gb each.

3. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    use 500 gb, its enough, and unless you are collecting every wii game in existance, you wont need 1tb.

you cant resize wbfs partitions, so if you need more space, you first need another drive where all your games fit on, copy them to the other drive, repartition and reformat the 1tb drive, and copy the games back

4. Codify

Newcomer Codify Member

United Kingdom
    I have a 500GB drive, I've formatted 200gigs WBFS and left the rest as NTFS so I can use it for other stuff. You'll never fill 200GB of games let alone 500GB.

5. nash79

Member nash79 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    200 GB is the max worth. Good games that u need to play are not in hundreds. I have 160 GB WBFS partition and I put 60 Games in it and yet still have 25% free space.
    Good games in the Wii dont take much space (mario games take like 2GB, zelda 1.2GB etc)

6. ZombiePosessor

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is in the wrong forum, it should be in the Wii - Hacking section.

7. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    I don't think this should be in the Wii Hacking section.. [​IMG] No thanks.

Wii - Game Help, Hints and Tips - is a way better choice. Since he is asking for help of a partition size... for a Wii Backup File System.

Nothing like: 'How to use IDA Pro to make hacks for my System menu' or stuff like that.