Recommended simple video editing program?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason, I've been using Virtualdub to deal with the simple task of just cutting, editing and pasting video clips but one thing I never figured out how to do is insert silly random sound effects into a video. Does Virtualdub even have a function hidden somewhere or is there a simple solution that I'm overlooking?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Windows movie maker.

But if you're ready to take a step up then Vegas Movie Studio 9.0 is really nice
wink.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no hidden overdub option to my knowledge.

There is however "sav WAV" in the file menu and then you can use audacity and dub the lot back in using the "WAV audio..." in the audio pulldown menu.

Personally I use windows movie maker when I want to torture new encoders, the app is useless and horrible in my opinion.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Kdenlive, if you have Linux/Mac OS X. Again an wonderful Open-Source App that can do many things...

If you have Windows, then I would say Movie Maker...although I don't realy like it...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slightly off topic but how does Kdenlive stack up against avidemux Blue-K?
video editing is one of the last things holding back a switch to linux for me and now avisynth works well enough with WINE and a few hacks it might be a good time to look again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end