Hardware Recommended Hard Drive for Back-Ups and Emulators.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the recommended HD size for the Wii I was thinking about 250GB to 500GB just not sure how big the games and files get wanting some other peoples opinions.:lol:

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my external is 150GB, most Wii games are under 4GB, some of them are even under 1GB. I can't really talk about emulators I keep those on a 8GB SD card so yeah... I guess to answer your question, I would say either drive is probably fine?

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If U wanna have BackUps & Emulators on 1 drive I would recommend at least 500GB so u can have a Single partition. WiiFlow is best I think for AIO setup

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any DVD-RW should be fine Burned at Min speed for best results....NEVER use DVD+RW as i've heard those come up with errors alot

Remember use - not + :mthr: I usually buy em at a FRYs Electronics when they R on special 100 DVDs for like $15-20 not bad.........

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all Depends Budd on ur preference.....I have a HD to have a Clear playing Space with my Wii As i use it for Playing & Viewing I play all my Wii,GC and Emu stuff thru WiiFlow and use WiiMC fro my Movies and Shows

Now i had my Sweet collection of BackUps i Burned and Made sum nice Cases with Custom covers :) was the Envy of my cousins and friends..."Whoa is that a Limited Edition NSMB u got there?"........But i gave em all away to my niece and nephew for their Wii they got

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I'm just not sure I mean on one hand you have cheap upfront DVD but will cost more in the long run but then with the HD will cost a little more but work for other things as well.:unsure:

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like VashTS say's a HD is ur Best option in the end i think.....Setup is almost minimal now as all USB Loaders are near Flawless for registering up first time with little issue here or there

Most important is setting up ur HD correctly for all ur content to be read as intended....Theres sum nice Threads here to for AIO emulator & covers and USB troubleshooting which again should be minimal :yaywii:

FriskyDingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use a 160gb hitachi hdd thats oem in a lot of older laptops with a cheap ebay external case and it works fine.I dont see the need for a monster hard drive on the wii since games are small compared to other systems.On my 360 with Wasabi i use a 750gb hdd since you cant scrub the iso's and they can range from 6-8gb each.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
I use a 1tb Seagate powered HDD(around 400 max games). But I back all games up to dvd-r discs (so if the HDD dies I still have the games on disc) UsbloaderGX , CFG or Wiiflow are the choices of most! Find the 1 that best suites your own preferences(I use UsbloaderGX )

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I use a 8GB pendrive, loads pretty fast and since I play one or two games at a time, it's perfect.

Wii games are not that big, so even a 80gb disk will do.

atlanx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Get a 750GB or 1000GB one. You will be happy.

>>> GBATemp-Wiki : Wii USB Devices Compatibility List <<<

And always remember this:

If the Device automatically spins down due to inactivity
Some drives are configured from the factory to automatically spindown after a set number of minutes of inactivity, which could cause issues. Configuration software is usually available to configure such devices to disable this feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c