recommended Arcade/Fightsticks for the Xbox?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Splych, Mar 2, 2011.

Mar 2, 2011
  1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    well after recently getting Marvel vs Capcom 3 , i've been thinking about fightsticks .
    i find it rather , troublesome to be playing with a controller . using the left thumbstick feels as if i have reduced grip with it . and i can't really get those combos right , so now i did a little research and there is actually fightsticks on consoles !

any recommended ones ? Hori or MadCatz? i don't mind the price tag , since i will just save up for one , and since we're on the same topic , how is the gameplay of Blazblue, Streetfight and Tekken?

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I never saw the point in fight sticks... I kick way more ass with a thumbstick.

Only advice i can give is to not get anything Madcatz, ever.
    Madcatz directly translates into CRAPTASTIC.

There's an expensive SF4 fightstick that is apparently very good quality, though pricey.

3. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    the only street fighter fight sticks i've seen is from MadCatz .
    and the only 2 brands i've seen was either Hori or MadCatz .

the controller's thumbstick is too hard . i've played in an arcade before with fighting games , and i feel that it's both easier and better to use a fight stick xD .

4. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    Both are good brands for fight sticks. I personally have the plastic Hori Tekken 6 limited Edition Stick, but my friend has one of the Madcatz street fighter sticks and says it is really good aswell. So go by your brand preference I would say.

5. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Madcatz is a great product, no idea what you're talking about o.0

6. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    That was quite a while ago. If you haven't noticed, Harmonix has been using MadCatz for Rock Band controllers ever since Rock Band 2, and none of those meet the level of craptasticness of the RB1 instruments.

7. ninchya

Member ninchya GBAtemp Regular

United States
  8. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    MadCatz Tournament Edition . . . i will look into this
    would a MadCatz standard edition + Sanwa parts also be up to par against a Tournament Edition ?

i've also heard about buying you're own parts , but i think i might just buy a stick for now , than make a custom , multi-console one in the near future for parties !

9. ninchya

Member ninchya GBAtemp Regular

United States
    woops, i meant se, its much cheaper and with the sanwa mod, i think is the better investment, modding the stick is something i feel important, the original parts are good just not on par, plus the original joystick was a hexagon shape, which in my preference a square gate joystick is more effective for fighting games. The standard edition is pretty cheap, and with the buttom mod i think its actually better than the te.