Recommended a Slot 2 card?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by oldcqr, May 5, 2008.

May 5, 2008

Recommended a Slot 2 card? by oldcqr at 10:56 PM (1,735 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. oldcqr
    OP

Newcomer oldcqr Member

United States
    I have a Plain Ole Regular DS (not a LITE). I'd like to get a Slot 2 card to work along with my DSTT for GBA games.

Everything I find is only for a DS Lite. Does anyone have a recommendation for a Slot 2 card for a DS Regular?

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    you can get the GBA size version on the EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion pak. it doesn't take and memory cards, it has internal RAM plus Rumble.

since you have a DSTT you can use Yasu's custom Kernel, heres his site you'll have to scroll down a bit, the newest release is in the top of the scrolling list.
    (the link is in the date, also, instructions are in the eng readme)

edit: found the site. its on gameyeeah. here it is

3. zoharmodifier

Member zoharmodifier GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I second the vote for the 3in1. It's a great cart, and it's cheap. The only drawback is that if you like to play a lot of different games, the 3in1 isn't the best for that. It can only fit one game, and the erase/overwrite process is fairly length since it writes it "permanently" to NOR.

4. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    I personally have a 3in1 as well and its great for DS Lites and DS Phats, though you need to make sure that if you do buy one, it has the correct case for the DS Phat. They do exist though.

5. oldcqr
    OP

Newcomer oldcqr Member

United States
    Thanks for the replies! Load times won't bother me, so a 1 at a time cart is fine.

I was leaning toward the 3-in-1 found here:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

But the comments scare me -- the box says it will work with both, but the users say lite only. Any experience/comments?

6. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    I have an EZ Flash 3-in-1 and it works great with no problems. only thing is, is that the rumble is very, very noisy on high, medium is ok. The one you linked to is NDS lite only. the box lies.

use the link from gameyeeeah that I posted, the shipping is about $5 but its faster than DX.

7. oldcqr
    OP

Newcomer oldcqr Member

United States
    Duh! I thought that was a link to files, not to the actual cart! Serves me for not clicking!!!!

Thanks, I'll be ordering from there!!!!