Gaming Recommendations for Girls

chiggah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sup guys,

i thought i tried to get my gf into playing more games so i went out and bought myself a white ds and her a pink one. i got cooking mama but she doesn't really like it much.. she does enjoy big brain academy tho.. she holds the high scores
hate2.gif
so i was if someone can list some games that they think girls will be into?

my gf likes..

big brain academy
mario kart
phoenix wright

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Get your barefoot-and-pregnant self back in the kitchen!

Oh, games.

(the above was a joke! seriously
smile.gif
)

Most of my exes played games, but they weren't gamers (however, they were also Japanese born and raised so I feel like they had a different cultural perspective) but here's what they liked:

R liked Mario Kart and she ended up playing the original version of FFTA with me (she in Japanese, me in English). She got to the last boss before I did, but I beat her before she did
smile.gif
When she played my GBA she often played Kart or Yoshi's Island 2.

M liked Dragon Quest Slime Mori Mori for the GBA and Minna no Golf

K was the least gamer-y of them, but she would happily play the Mario Kart arcade game with me.

My point is girls are people. It's no use giving them "girly" games, they are not going to like it and it's pointless. Just give them fun games, that aren't pandering to their gender in a demeaning way and they will be fine with it.

chiggah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha i know girls a girls and are humans but some games just appeal more to them.. i tried giving her an rpg.. she gets lost after like 10minutes of play.. but i'm trying to get her into zelda.. she played the snes one.. and thanks for the good games list.. games for me to play =D.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
kikuchiyo said:

My point is girls are people. It's no use giving them "girly" games, they are not going to like it and it's pointless. Just give them fun games, that aren't pandering to their gender in a demeaning way and they will be fine with it.

a very nice post you said there, apart from you mentioning that we belong in the kitchen
lecture.gif
we like to play gta and manhunt 2!

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my gf played:

New Super Mario Bros. (got all stars!!!)
Layton (Almost every puzzle)
My sims (but got tired when she had almost everything)
Big brain academy
Puzzle League
Zelda, is ok, but not her favourite
Phoenix write, but too much story
Most of the brain or mathematic games
Crossword DS
Spider Solitair
EDIT: Mario Kart too!

She goes to work 1 hour and 1 hour back, so she likes more "pick up and play" Games!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming shes not that much of a gamer, so don't get her all of these hardcore/difficult games for her right off the bat.

Animal Crossing is usually enjoyed by non/casual gamers.

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my wife's favorite games have been
tetris
elite beat agents
picross
hotel dusk
professor layton
anything with sudoku

She got bored with animal crossing. I've been trying to get her to play zelda, but she doesn't think she'd like it based on watching me play windwaker and twilight princess.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the English version of Kira Kira Music Hour (known now as Pop Princess) just got dumped, and it's a really good rhythm game. However, it's a little creepy now for a guy to play. When it was in Japanese, it had that quality of mystery that any good import would. But now I truly see it for the girl game it was intended to be. Still, a cute and fun game, with some of the best graphics I've seen on the DS yet. The new voice-overs, though, are also kind of creepy.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picross? and maybe some of the other puzzle games?

The rhythm games?

(She didn't like Cooking Mama? She must not be a very good cook. You're going to starve if you get married...)

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
kikuchiyo said:

a very nice post you said there, apart from you mentioning that we belong in the kitchen
lecture.gif
we like to play gta and manhunt 2!
I dont like those games. which further proves the point that you cant just ask a bunch of girls what game to get a girl. I would say that it all depends on how smart she is

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My gf loves Cooking Mama. Club House games is another she likes to play every so often too. Oh, forgot to mention Kuropoto is a cute game a lot of girls might like if they're into the sanrio type of cuteness. It's a simple puzzle game, with a cute story.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cutterjohn said:
Picross? and maybe some of the other puzzle games?

The rhythm games?

(She didn't like Cooking Mama? She must not be a very good cook. You're going to starve if you get married...)
from what I have seen, people who are bad at cooking would like cooking mama. why would someone who cooks all the time want to play a game about it?

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
Animal crossing is a winning choice. My little sister (who never touches games) got seriously addicted to animal crossing on the GC...My G/F seconds that as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)