DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
My previous mice have gone out. Lasted me a good while, but now I'm stuck with a backup wired one that has a bad scroll wheel (scrolling up often acts like scrolling down) and I'm in desperate need of a new one. On a tight budget as always, so any recommendations? Budget is around $20. Could go a little more if needed.

I'd prefer wireless if possible, mainly because of my current desk arrangement. My desk has an extension on the right that's perfect for resting my arm while I use a mouse, but it's also lower than the main desk portion, so cords would push up against the up-rise from extension to main desk. Plus, my computer case is now on the ground on the left side of the desk because I wanted to make room for my dual-monitor setup, one of them being the new 27" I got (and my desk's back and right sides are against walls, so I can't put it on the ground to the right). So, having a cable on the mouse would have to go around everything I have just to get to the case. Due to preferring wireless, having good battery life would be a definite plus.

edit:

Thinking about it, I guess I put "gaming" into too broad terms. The only thing gaming-related for a mouse that I find important is responsiveness. I couldn't care less about having a dozen extra buttons to use among other things. I simply want a mouse that works well for games without the fluff (and of course, wireless preferred, so not lagging is important as well).

Last edited by DiscostewSM,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
@Joe88 - I had looked at that mouse. Was a little cheaper a couple of days ago at $19.99 non-Prime I think. The wireless mouse I had before was a Logitech m305 (was a gift), which worked well, but other than it not working anymore, it was a bit small for my hands.

@ILuvGames - That is quite cheap (and even rated #1 best seller in PC gaming mice, even though people refer to it as an office mouse, lol). The probable downside of it for me is its size. It's said to be standard sized vs mini, but I kinda have big hands. Did have an m305 like I mentioned to Joe (but that one is smaller than what you linked).

Reactions: ILuvGames

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the m510 is about a full size mouse
only picture with the m310 as comparison to the m305

B003I4FHNA_m310_silver_vs_silver.jpg

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not going to recommend any particular mouse. But I must say that I have always had a good experience with Logitech mice. They even sent me a brand new $125 when the one I had wore down (and that was a few months AFTER the warranty went out. AND I got to keep the old one which was functioning, but just had a few issues due to wear (sometimes double-clicking)).

RIght now I'm actually using a R.A.T.9 from Mad Catz. It's alright. I have to switch batteries 2 times a day, which sucks, and sometimes the wireless dongle hangs so I have to unplug and plug it in again. And it's pricey! (So I don't recommend it).

heartysupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Logitech mouse, but recently I've been using Elecom - they're a bit cheaper, but I can't say anything yet about the durability... I hope you will find a good mouse for your needs!

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Still haven't gotten a new mouse yet. Was real close to getting the Logitech m510, but instead of getting it immediately, I ended up reading more about mice in general and various features. Now after learning about DPI, polling rates, etc, I kinda feel I shouldn't go with the m510, or wireless in general. I mean, it's great for not worrying about cables, but accuracy could be an issue with a 1000 DPI mouse like the m510. That VicTsing mouse may still be an option, but I don't know if pushing to 2400 DPI for that would affect battery life or if adjusting to that DPI creates side effects like noise that makes the mouse behave a bit odd while moving.

So I guess some recommendations of budget wired mice would be a good idea. Thought about the Redragon M601, but I hear that the lighting on it is rather bright and can't be turned off.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going with a less expensive mouse I think wired is the way to go. Wireless is nice and all, but I think if you really want wireless you might want to spend a little extra money.

I noticed this mouse was on sale on amazon for a good price: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...558b-5a64-b47d-713bc9d1bdaf&pf_rd_i=402052011

Logitech is usually a good brand for getting a good deal while also getting a quality product, so theyre probably your best bet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: