Recommendation in were to buy Acekard 2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by cobratwister, Dec 14, 2009.

Dec 14, 2009
  1. cobratwister
    OP

Newcomer cobratwister Member

United States
    Hello,

I'm hoping that I can get a recommendation on where to buy 2i carts. I want to buy for the kids for Christmas so I need them fairly quick (DealExtreme probably will not work).

Thanks!

2. cobratwister
    OP

Newcomer cobratwister Member

United States
    In case anyone is interested I'm only letting my kids run games on these that we own. The main reason I'm doing this is that I'm tired of my kids losing games. They have lost over $200 worth of games over the last 2 years...

3. sfg

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Since you're in the USA, I recommend realhotstuff.com
    They're a bit expensive (compared to dealextreme at least) but you get free and very fast (2-3 days) shipping.

4. cman1783

Member cman1783 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I second realhotstuff. I got 6 AceKard 2i's from there and had them in 3 days (free shipping too)

5. koolguyluis

Newcomer koolguyluis Member

United States
    Well, Im cheap, So id go with dealextreme.

Also, playing games even though you own them, downloading them and playing on acekard even though you OWN the game is still illegal.

So if you're going to be doing illegal things anyway, might as well go all out and download anything you can, everything you could ever want is up for grabs!!

I simply dont understand people who only download games that they own.

I have my 8GB Sandisk filled up to 7.3GBs with games, and I dont own a single one. Never have. Bought a dsi and went straight to downloading =]

I for one think flashcarts help nintendo sell systems. I would not have bought a DSi if i didnt know about flashcarts.

6. tomrev

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't want to advertise website but I not suggest DealExtreme. I have bad Experience on DealExtreme like many other customers. There are reports that ordering many items in 1 package always lead to miss some pieces. Handling time is extremely slow that always need several weeks before shipping and serveral weeks to serveral months for waiting it to arrive. Chance to receive items is like 80%. Customer service is bad and not responsible for item missing.

7. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    No, not really. If you look at the price, the DSi costs like 160€ here in europe, and games are 20-40€. As you can see, a few games already cost as much as the console itself.

So yeah, Nintendo gets most of the profits from licensing (Nintendo certificate) & publishing games. That's also why they can afford to lower the DSi price for holiday season. And that's also why the DSi consoles come in cheap pizza boxes.

8. sfg

United States
    Well, he said it helps selling the console not that it helps them make tons of money, those come from game sales obviously.

And yeah, I would've never bought the DS either if it wasn't for flashcarts AND homebrew as I don't care much for the DS games, only a couple maybe.

9. LufianGuy

Member LufianGuy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You are dead wrong. If you bought the game legally you are entitled to download and play it.

It is perfectly legal to make backups of games you bought for yourself.

EDIT
    According to nintendo you are right if the rom is downloaded from the internet, but seeing as most people don't know how to make a copy of their legit ds game nintendo is unfairly stacking the deck in their favor. I also doubt nintendo has a guide somewhere that tells people how do make a copy of their legit ds game. The download should be legal IMO:
    http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom

10. sfg

United States
    Wow, I love Nintendo. They hate emulators the most because obviously the sole purpose of emulators is to promote piracy.

And isn't it funny when they say this:
    "Such emulators have the potential to significantly damage a worldwide entertainment software industry which generates over $15 billion annually, and tens of thousands of jobs."

They're basically saying "we make billions of dollars, but those goddamn emulators stop up from making even more!"

11. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    Gee i love Emus

12. Magoo222

Member Magoo222 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Doesn't that depend on the country you're in, and their laws? I always thought the UK didn't allow this loophole. Anyway, back OT, I bought an Acekard 2i from Deal Extreme at the end of November, and there's a real chance it won't arrive before the New Year now. Good job it's only for myself really!?!

Edit: It arrived today, after I ordered it on the 25th November. So yeah, avoid Hong Kong if you want something before Christmas!

13. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States

The weird thing is, I bought mine on the 8th, and it said it was shipped 3 days later. That's not the weird thing though, I think my package from them will come faster than my package from the USA (stupid Uxie cards).

As for games, they say that you legally aren't supposed to play the backups and they are for authentication purposes only, doesn't stop me though [​IMG].

14. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    Dont derail this topic, there are many topics discussing the legality of flashcarts. Ive heard nothing but praise about 0shippingzone and realhotstuff is very trust worthy. If i were you though id go with 0shippingzone

15. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    I honestly wasn't trying to, it was already derailed when I got here, I just tried to set them straight. My friend recommends RealHotStuff, I would have bought mine there, but I had a shortage of money after I bought a bottle of Apple Pucker.