Recommend me some 'story' games

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently (well, ages ago but still) completed Assassin's Creed (the first one, and have since completed 2, AC:B and am playing AC:R) and lvoed the story in it and how there were no collectables, currency or upgrading etc.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me any other games like this, preferably with a great story (I know AC wasn't great) that I can play on PC?

Here's a list of what I've already played / an idea of what kind of games I mean:
>Portal
>Portal 2
>Assassin's Creed
>Mirror's Edge
>Just Cause 2 (kinda fits)
>Half Life
>Half Life 2

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mafia II comes to mind. I ended up playing it straight through because of the story. Was really interesting.

Alice: Madness Returns (this is one crazy ass game)

Bioshock 1 and 2

S'bout all I can think of off the top of my head that isn't a VN.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ARKHAM ASYLUM AND ARKHAM CITY! DO IT FGT!

These are the games I've got on steam, so let me see: Assassin's Creed 2, AC: Revelations, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Borderlands. Pretty much any of those.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah yes, had forgotten about those, been meaning to play them for ages. I'll download Arkham Asylum now :P
Thanks Hells Malice as well, I'll bookmark this page for when I complete the Batman games.

Edit: Arkham city or Asylum?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mass Effect.

Mass Effect.

Mass Effect.

Mass Effect.

Other than Mass Effect, most other BioWare games. Dragon Age Origins is good (DA2 is rather shit), KOTOR is good although it may not have aged well, Jade Empire is good, and I've heard Baldur's Gate is also fantastic.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mass Effect.

Mass Effect.

Mass Effect.

Mass Effect.

Other than Mass Effect, most other BioWare games. Dragon Age Origins is good (DA2 is rather shit), KOTOR is good although it may not have aged well, Jade Empire is good, and I've heard Baldur's Gate is also fantastic.
I tried Mass Effect, hated it. Sorry :( Too RPG-ish and couldn't get on with the combat system. Might try KOTOR though, thanks.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mass Effect.

Mass Effect.

Mass Effect.

Mass Effect.

I tried Mass Effect, hated it. Sorry :( Too RPG-ish and couldn't get on with the combat system. Might try KOTOR though, thanks.

First Mass Effect kinda plays like... well, crap, but the story is absolutely gripping once you get into it. Plus its environment and characters are second to none.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 play a lot better though.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a great story based game for the PC, definitely check out Alan Wake. The port is supposed to be amazing, enhancing an already gripping game.

Arkham Asylum and City are a blast to play and have really good stories to boot (especially Arkham City). They should not be missed.

I'd also recommend The Darkness and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, but I don't think they're on the PC. If you do ever get the chance to play them, though, you should definitely give the games a shot.

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hum... There's the Black Mirror triology, the story is pretty intriguing. =3
Oh, and if you like survival horror games, try Amnesia, the story is pretty interesting in its own way.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's kinda a shit list. God of War is a definite no, Astro Boy is also a no (great game but who gave a fuck for the story? I'd also definitely say MGS3 > the original MGS, it's probably the best story in the franchise. List seems dated as well. KOTOR is nothing compared to Mass Effect (I loved KOTOR but it's just not Mass Effect) and it's missing tons of current gen titles.

I also have a dire hatred for Bioshock as a whole but arguing that is like trying to go up a lubricated hill.

D

Deleted_171835

Deus Ex (Human Revolution is okay too)
Metal Gear Solid 3
Final Fantasy VII
Hotel Dusk
Xenogears

Reactions: 1 person

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the games everyone is suggesting it looks like you have an X360, but im going to forgo that educated guess.
You said PC.

I played a few Final Fantasies last summer. However controversial those games are, im just bringing this up, im not trying to start anything.
Of the 3 i played, i was absolutly blown away buy how indepth Final Fantasy Tactics' story was. I was betrayed, there were murders, and by the end, i dont think i wasnt sure who were my real friends lol

Anyways, no one attack me lol, just a suggestion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1