Recommend me some films

HaniKazmi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have watched pretty much no films in the last year and a half, and I feel like going on a spree. Therefore, what would you guys suggest to be some good films to watch from about the start of 2010 onwards? I'm not all that concerned about any specific genre.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
2010 Onwards.. huh?

Social Network - Arguably the best film of 2010, an extremely compelling biopic.
RED - Fantastic action movie, probably the best of 2010.
Machete - Nice grindhouse film, and surprisingly funny.
Scott Pilgrim vs the World - Tad bit overrated (IMHO), but still a very energetic, wired film.
The King's Speech - A brilliantly performed movie that is very uplifting.
Easy A - Probably the best comedy of 2010 and I actually liked it quite a bit more than Mean Girls.
Inception - Do you even have to ask? Dream. Within a Dream. Within a Dream.
Toy Story 3 - Pretty obvious. A totally brilliant Pixar movie as always.
How To Train Your Dragon - Still great, and almost matches up to TS3.
TRON: Legacy - Basically the equivalent of an hour and a half long Daft Punk music video, it.. well.. makes really good use of Daft Punk.
127 Hours - Extremely uplifting and motivational movie, with a brilliant performance from James Franco.
The Kids Are All Right - Great lesbian oriented dramedy.
Buried - Possibly even more claustrophobic than 127 Hours, it's amazing what you can do with a coffin and a good actor.
Shutter Island - Nice film, tad bit overrated, but definitely worth watching.
Unstoppable - Nice action film too.
I Love Philip Morris - An adorable movie with Jim Carrey giving a stellar performance.
Confessions - Safely ranks among one of my favorite films of all time, I cannot recommend this movie enough. Just make sure it's at an ample volume and let the beauty engulf you. It's AMAZING.
Dogtooth - A witty yet disturbing satirical movie from Greece, it's almost too disturbing to watch. It's brilliant though.
Alice in Wonderland - Not striking story-wise, it's visual artistry was excellent.
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - A brilliant flick, both visually and story-wise.
The Town - A great crime film. Worth a watch.
Mother - A South Korean thriller that is really twisty yet great.
Harry Potter 7, Part 1 - It's quite unsatisfying due to the fact that it ends at an extreme cliffhanger, but it's a great watch.
Of Gods and Men - A very well thought out movie that manages to keep interest.
Kick-Ass - A fantastic, well thought out, extremely violent movie, Chloe Moretz gives an OUTSTANDING performance in this movie.
Winter's Bone - Standout performance from it's lead with a great plot.
Black Swan - Thrilling, the cinematography and artistic direction are very elegant and musical.
Blue Valentine - An emotionally compelling flick with a great performance from Michelle Williams.
Rabbit Hole - Nicole Kidman is brilliant here. I felt that she (personally) deserved the oscar, but eh.
True Grit - Great reinvention of the country classic, and with a great job by the Coen brothers, as always.
Waste Land - My favorite documentary of 2010, great and optimistic.
Waiting For Superman - A very eye opening documentary, akin to "The Inconvenient Truth".
Iron Man 2 - Not the best superhero movie ever, but acceptable.
The Fighter - A nice, if slightly overrated sports drama. Christian Bale gives a fantastic performance though, as did Melissa Leo.
Animal Kingdom - The best Australian flick of 2010, it's worth watching almost purely for the performance of.. uh... what's her name again? Oh right, Jacki Weaver, who was brilliant as a boss-like female figure.
Let Me In - The best horror flick of 2010, definitely watch it. It's engaging.
Catfish - Great, modern documentary about Facebook.
Exit Through The Gift Shop - Received a lot of controversy, it's undeniably entertaining.
Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives - A great, visually enthralling film from Thailand.
Tangled - Nice, light-hearted typical Disney movie.
The Ghost Writer - Most underappreciated movie of 2010, by far. Definitely worth a watch.
L'Illusioniste - An ambient animated film that's quite brilliant in it's quietness.
Piranha 3D - Nice, gory, surprisingly well made gore flick.
Poetry - A really good South Korean drama, worth a watch if you'd give it a chance.

Bridesmaids - Fantastic gross-out, female oriented comedy that's virtually the girl version of hangover. But BETTER. Worth a watch, definitely.
Midnight In Paris - A nice comedy that contains a lot of director Woody Allen's signature charm.
Source Code - Great action science fiction movie that is oddly compelling even though it focuses exclusively on one situation.
X-Men First Class - Great superhero flick that's pretty stylish and slick.
Thor - Nicely made special effects. Not that strong plot-wise, but acceptable.
Super 8 - A tribute to early Spielberg and early science fiction movies in general. Very good, and very well made.
Kung Fu Panda 2 - Pretty good. I wouldn't rate it as highly as the first, but worth a watch.
Cars 2 - I know. I know. It's not as good as the other Pixar movies but it's definitely a well made one.
Fast Five - Nice, energetic action movie that's pretty brainless, but in a good way.
Rango - It's like Oscar Bait but for the animated section, it's a surprisingly mature and intelligent animated movie.
Lincoin Lawyer - It's a nice, entertaining, courtroom thriller that's worth watching.
Rio - A beautiful film visually, and okay plot-wise, this animated movie has a great voice cast.
Insidious - So far, the best horror of 2011, it's pretty solid.
Jane Eyre - A great retelling of the classic tale, very tasteful movie.
Limitless - I'm not the biggest fan of this movie, but it's solid for most.
Water for Elephants - Haha, laugh all you want. The lack of chemistry between Pattinson and Witherspoon is made up for by the good plot and direction.
The Tree of Life - I haven't seen it yet, but those who have have thought very highly of it. I'm planning to watch it if it ever comes to the Philippines.
Paul - Nice comedy, nice sci-fi. Solid.

Yeah, it's huge. I know.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't worry 2010-2011 hasn't been that good of years for movies anyways
happy.gif

But there are some still worth watching like
X-Men First Class
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
How To Train Your Dragon
Sucker Punch
Easy A
Pirates of the Caribbean 4
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 and part 2 will be out this month.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
KingdomBlade said:
2010 Onwards.. huh?

Social Network - Arguably the best film of 2010, an extremely compelling biopic.
RED - Fantastic action movie, probably the best of 2010.
Machete - Nice grindhouse film, and surprisingly funny.
Scott Pilgrim vs the World - Tad bit overrated (IMHO), but still a very energetic, wired film.
The King's Speech - A brilliantly performed movie that is very uplifting.
Easy A - Probably the best comedy of 2010 and I actually liked it quite a bit more than Mean Girls.
Inception - Do you even have to ask? Dream. Within a Dream. Within a Dream.
Toy Story 3 - Pretty obvious. A totally brilliant Pixar movie as always.
How To Train Your Dragon - Still great, and almost matches up to TS3.
TRON: Legacy - Basically the equivalent of an hour and a half long Daft Punk music video, it.. well.. makes really good use of Daft Punk.
127 Hours - Extremely uplifting and motivational movie, with a brilliant performance from James Franco.
The Kids Are All Right - Great lesbian oriented dramedy.
Buried - Possibly even more claustrophobic than 127 Hours, it's amazing what you can do with a coffin and a good actor.
Shutter Island - Nice film, tad bit overrated, but definitely worth watching.
Unstoppable - Nice action film too.
I Love Philip Morris - An adorable movie with Jim Carrey giving a stellar performance.
Confessions - Safely ranks among one of my favorite films of all time, I cannot recommend this movie enough. Just make sure it's at an ample volume and let the beauty engulf you. It's AMAZING.
Dogtooth - A witty yet disturbing satirical movie from Greece, it's almost too disturbing to watch. It's brilliant though.
Alice in Wonderland - Not striking story-wise, it's visual artistry was excellent.
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - A brilliant flick, both visually and story-wise.
The Town - A great crime film. Worth a watch.
Mother - A South Korean thriller that is really twisty yet great.
Harry Potter 7, Part 1 - It's quite unsatisfying due to the fact that it ends at an extreme cliffhanger, but it's a great watch.
Of Gods and Men - A very well thought out movie that manages to keep interest.
Kick-Ass - A fantastic, well thought out, extremely violent movie, Chloe Moretz gives an OUTSTANDING performance in this movie.
Winter's Bone - Standout performance from it's lead with a great plot.
Black Swan - Thrilling, the cinematography and artistic direction are very elegant and musical.
Blue Valentine - An emotionally compelling flick with a great performance from Michelle Williams.
Rabbit Hole - Nicole Kidman is brilliant here. I felt that she (personally) deserved the oscar, but eh.
True Grit - Great reinvention of the country classic, and with a great job by the Coen brothers, as always.
Waste Land - My favorite documentary of 2010, great and optimistic.
Waiting For Superman - A very eye opening documentary, akin to "The Inconvenient Truth".
Iron Man 2 - Not the best superhero movie ever, but acceptable.
The Fighter - A nice, if slightly overrated sports drama. Christian Bale gives a fantastic performance though, as did Melissa Leo.
Animal Kingdom - The best Australian flick of 2010, it's worth watching almost purely for the performance of.. uh... what's her name again? Oh right, Jacki Weaver, who was brilliant as a boss-like female figure.
Let Me In - The best horror flick of 2010, definitely watch it. It's engaging.
Catfish - Great, modern documentary about Facebook.
Exit Through The Gift Shop - Received a lot of controversy, it's undeniably entertaining.
Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives - A great, visually enthralling film from Thailand.
Tangled - Nice, light-hearted typical Disney movie.
The Ghost Writer - Most underappreciated movie of 2010, by far. Definitely worth a watch.
L'Illusioniste - An ambient animated film that's quite brilliant in it's quietness.
Piranha 3D - Nice, gory, surprisingly well made gore flick.
Poetry - A really good South Korean drama, worth a watch if you'd give it a chance.

Bridesmaids - Fantastic gross-out, female oriented comedy that's virtually the girl version of hangover. But BETTER. Worth a watch, definitely.
Midnight In Paris - A nice comedy that contains a lot of director Woody Allen's signature charm.
Source Code - Great action science fiction movie that is oddly compelling even though it focuses exclusively on one situation.
X-Men First Class - Great superhero flick that's pretty stylish and slick.
Thor - Nicely made special effects. Not that strong plot-wise, but acceptable.
Super 8 - A tribute to early Spielberg and early science fiction movies in general. Very good, and very well made.
Kung Fu Panda 2 - Pretty good. I wouldn't rate it as highly as the first, but worth a watch.
Cars 2 - I know. I know. It's not as good as the other Pixar movies but it's definitely a well made one.
Fast Five - Nice, energetic action movie that's pretty brainless, but in a good way.
Rango - It's like Oscar Bait but for the animated section, it's a surprisingly mature and intelligent animated movie.
Lincoin Lawyer - It's a nice, entertaining, courtroom thriller that's worth watching.
Rio - A beautiful film visually, and okay plot-wise, this animated movie has a great voice cast.
Jane Eyre - A great retelling of the classic tale, very tasteful movie.
Limitless - I'm not the biggest fan of this movie, but it's solid for most.
Water for Elephants - Haha, laugh all you want. The lack of chemistry between Pattinson and Witherspoon is made up for by the good plot and direction.
The Tree of Life - I haven't seen it yet, but those who have have thought very highly of it. I'm planning to watch it if it ever comes to the Philippines.
Paul - Nice comedy, nice sci-fi. Solid.

Yeah, it's huge. I know.
iv watched it
is rally cool 10/10
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...