Recommend me some Anime and/or Manga

Which of my favorite Anime/Manga do you like best?

• Aria the Origination

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baccano!

• Black Cat

• Clannad

• Fullmetal Alchemist

• Kamichu!

• Kino's Journey

• Liar Game

• One Piece

• Yotsuba&!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/FFandMMfa...s=7&order=0
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/FFandMMfa...us=7&order=

And please, don't just recommend your favorites just because they're your favorites, please look at what I've seen and what ratings I've given to what I've seen, and recommend similar things to what I have liked.

Thank you
smile.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gintama...? Manga. Never did watch the anime except this one time I tried to.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn, but it looks like you dropped the manga... To me it is good, but... you don't think the same.

that's what I am reading right now...
I just finished watching Gundam Seed, but apparently, the older Gundam Series were better.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Gintama...? Manga. Never did watch the anime except this one time I tried to.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn, but it looks like you dropped the manga... To me it is good, but... you don't think the same.

that's what I am reading right now...
I just finished watching Gundam Seed, but apparently, the older Gundam Series were better.

I watched a little of the Gintama anime, and I plan to finish it eventually, but the length is a bit of a turn off. I've only recently finished catching up with One Piece and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, so really long series are a definite no for right now XD

I couldn't stand Reborn. I know it's supposed to get more action-y, but I just couldn't force myself through the terrible "comedy" anymore. Then again I've heard that the action isn't that good anyway so I'm not really regretting this decision.

Before recommending any more shounen battle series, keep in mind it must be at least as awesome as JJBA for me to give a crap about it.

But keep the recommendations coming, please.

Klx5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read Berserk, it is really gory, and the story is really amazing
Gantz is another one of my favorites, really gory too.
Naruto is awesome as well, and right now im watching avatar the last air bender (my girlfriend recommended it to me) i was surprised to see that it is actually good for an American anime

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rubedo said:
tk_saturn said:
This is one of my all time favourites

I like how you imply that it's okay to watch Anime on Youtube.
I wasn't implying that, I don't watch Anime on Youtube. It simply gives a better of what the Anime I mentioned is. I watched the series when it aired on Channel 4 a few years back.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah sorry,
i am not much of a anime expert or anything of that sort.
i just read manga in my free time or for entertainment.

in my current list of animes, i got:
Bleach
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Naruto
One Piece
Gintama
Fairy Tail (i was looking through your anime, and saw this xD)
Full Metal Alchemis

As for watching anime, it's just Gundam Seed Destiny and 00.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn is more of a comedy-ish/action-ish anime. What really interested me about it was the battle system. It was different compared to others.
One Piece is a pretty good anime, but I always choose to read manga instead.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Klx5 said:
read Berserk, it is really gory, and the story is really amazing
Gantz is another one of my favorites, really gory too.
Naruto is awesome as well, and right now im watching avatar the last air bender (my girlfriend recommended it to me) i was surprised to see that it is actually good for an American anime

Sorry, I don't watch things solely because they're gory. I'd probably read Berserk though if the mangaka could release on a regular schedule.
Gantz... eh... I'll look into it...
Naruto isn't awesome though, it's pretty much a perfect example of what Anime AREN'T good, just like Inuyasha and Bleach.
And Avatar isn't an anime. There is no such thing as an "American Anime", since Anime and Cartoon mean the same thing, but Anime is used to refer to something made in Japan and Cartoon to refer to something made in America and various other countries. Point is, it's a cartoon.

tk_saturn said:
Rubedo said:
tk_saturn said:
This is one of my all time favourites

I like how you imply that it's okay to watch Anime on Youtube.
I wasn't implying that, I don't watch Anime on Youtube. It simply gives a better of what the Anime I mentioned is. I watched the series when it aired on Channel 4 a few years back.

Good, at least you know what you're doing
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Splych @ Jun 10 2010, 08:13 PM)
ah sorry,
i am not much of a anime expert or anything of that sort.
i just read manga in my free time or for entertainment.

in my current list of animes, i got:
Bleach
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Naruto
One Piece
Gintama
Fairy Tail (i was looking through your anime, and saw this xD)
Full Metal Alchemis

As for watching anime, it's just Gundam Seed Destiny and 00.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn is more of a comedy-ish/action-ish anime. What really interested me about it was the battle system. It was different compared to others.
One Piece is a pretty good anime, but I always choose to read manga instead.

Bleach sucks, Naruto sucks, Fairy Tail sucks.

I only watch Bleach because I started it when it DIDN'T suck (well, shortly after it started to suck i.e. the Arrancar arc, but it was good up until then) and I can't just allow myself to have wasted so much time and not follow through >_>
I watch Fairy Tail simply because it's there to watch and easily accessible. If I didn't start it when it started airing I wouldn't be watching it now.
Also I haven't seen any Gundam, but I've always heard that Gundam Seed Destiny was the black sheep of the series.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
enh... i am being honest,
i am keeping up with bleach and naruto simply because i want to finish it.
just like you said,
when you started stuff, you are still doing it. if bleach and naruto were all new to me, i'd be ignoring them right now.

Fairy Tail is okay... no seriously, xD. maybe it's just me, but I am sucker for magic.
Apparently Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny were the worst. I honestly don't see it, but since I only watched these gundam series, I can say anything.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
enh... i am being honest,
i am keeping up with bleach and naruto simply because i want to finish it.
just like you said,
when you started stuff, you are still doing it. if bleach and naruto were all new to me, i'd be ignoring them right now.

Fairy Tail is okay... no seriously, xD. maybe it's just me, but I am sucker for magic.
Apparently Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny were the worst. I honestly don't see it, but since I only watched these gundam series, I can say anything.

From what I understand, Seed is well-liked, but Seed Destiny gets the Tsukihime treatment.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I've really enjoyed reading Full Metal Alchemist so I'd recommend that. I just read the final chapter and I think it ended much better than the original anime.

I also recommend Berserk although once you read it all you will be waiting months in between new chapters being released. It's always worth the wait though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr