Recommend me Screwdrivers

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My papa wants to get one of those screwdrivers kits with lost of bits to "repair" cellphones.
But he's so fucking undecisive with renown brands like Truper and Stanley.

I've been fucking telling him to get Truper kits. But he wants to get fucking chinese kits just because they have more bits.
I've been telling him TO NOT GET FUCKING CHINESE PRODUCTS BECAUSE THEY WON'T LAST LONG.

But I'm unsure of other brands. I know some of you pals surely uses these kinds of screwdrivers with lots of bits to repair cellphones, or consoles and whatnot.

So... which brand aside Truper & Stanley would you recommend me to get?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i mean they expensive because its a brand built upon electronics repair and advertisements the kit is decent and they really do mean lifetime warranty

Reactions: JuanMena

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You usually get given sets with phone screen replacements and frankly I have never had a problem with those.

Some of the Chinese a like multi bit sets I have abused on mechanical fixings and twisted a bit/chewed up a bit, especially if it only sort of fit, but even they do OK.

Still if you want the fancy stuff then wera do well, might want their security bit options too. That said they might not be small enough for some phone use and as with all changeable bits they can be harder to reach down a deep hole to unscrew something so you find yourself wanting dedicated ones ( https://products.wera.de/en/screwdrivers_series_kraftform_micro.html ).
You will have to pay up for them too but they are the sort of things people get buried with or hand on to their kids.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The iFixit kits are pretty primo when it comes to fixing phones and consoles and such. I have a few smaller kits I bought from them years ago, and they're still in great condition, work great, and have lots of difference sizes and types that most electronics use.

But that said, to be perfectly frank, any brand should be just fine really. If it's just going to be for fixing phones or electronics or whatever, all you'll really want are magnetic tips and lots of bit sizes, so just get whatever.

Reactions: Minox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.