1. JuanMena

OP JuanMena GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    My papa wants to get one of those screwdrivers kits with lost of bits to "repair" cellphones.
    But he's so fucking undecisive with renown brands like Truper and Stanley.

I've been fucking telling him to get Truper kits. But he wants to get fucking chinese kits just because they have more bits.
    I've been telling him TO NOT GET FUCKING CHINESE PRODUCTS BECAUSE THEY WON'T LAST LONG.

But I'm unsure of other brands. I know some of you pals surely uses these kinds of screwdrivers with lots of bits to repair cellphones, or consoles and whatnot.

So... which brand aside Truper & Stanley would you recommend me to get?

2. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Minox and JuanMena like this.
  3. JuanMena

OP JuanMena GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
  4. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

i mean they expensive because its a brand built upon electronics repair and advertisements the kit is decent and they really do mean lifetime warranty

JuanMena likes this.
  5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    You usually get given sets with phone screen replacements and frankly I have never had a problem with those.

Some of the Chinese a like multi bit sets I have abused on mechanical fixings and twisted a bit/chewed up a bit, especially if it only sort of fit, but even they do OK.

Still if you want the fancy stuff then wera do well, might want their security bit options too. That said they might not be small enough for some phone use and as with all changeable bits they can be harder to reach down a deep hole to unscrew something so you find yourself wanting dedicated ones ( https://products.wera.de/en/screwdrivers_series_kraftform_micro.html ).
    You will have to pay up for them too but they are the sort of things people get buried with or hand on to their kids.

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    Vodka and orange juice

7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    The iFixit kits are pretty primo when it comes to fixing phones and consoles and such. I have a few smaller kits I bought from them years ago, and they're still in great condition, work great, and have lots of difference sizes and types that most electronics use.

But that said, to be perfectly frank, any brand should be just fine really. If it's just going to be for fixing phones or electronics or whatever, all you'll really want are magnetic tips and lots of bit sizes, so just get whatever.

Minox likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Screwdrivers, Recommend,