Recommend me a good monitor

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by AlanJohn, Jul 12, 2012.

Jul 12, 2012

Recommend me a good monitor by AlanJohn at 3:34 PM (384 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I want to get rid of my terrible 4:3 monitor and go FULL-HD with a 1920x1080 res monitor (or even bigger).
    But, I cant find a good one yet.
    So, here are the basic requirements:
    • Widescreen
    • Under $200
    • Over 22"
    And another question, should I get an IPS monitor, and do they actually have a bigger latency then standard ones? Does this effect gaming?

2. Anon10W1z

Member Anon10W1z GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I've used a LG Flatron M2294D for the longest time until I got my new Dell U24... 12M was it? I forget with all these stupid model numbers. The 24" Dell one. They rock.

4. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    I've got a Hannspree HF225 22" LCD, 1920x1080.

The thing is beautiful.

5. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Are you sure your system will be able to handle running stuff at your new resolution? If you're into gaming at all, you may be in for a shock at how much your fps can be hit with larger resolutions--but the worst part is that most monitors nowadays have one intended resolution, and all others are blurry as heck and not really usable without being distracting. They're either scaled or bordered in; it might be better to settle for a nice widescreen that pairs well with your hardware/gaming personality.

6. kjb1686

Member kjb1686 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have recently bought this monitor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236117

I have to say it is beautiful, has a led backlight and is a lcd monitor the thing is bright to. It can be pitch dark and it lights up the whole room no problem whatsoever i love this thing and it is only 180.

7. qlum

Member qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands
    Go for the dell ultrasharp U2312HM or if its still available at not much more the U2311H sure its the older model and yes it doesn't have led backlight but its a bit better screen, I would know as I own both. The biggest benefit to me of the ultrasharps is that they are very stable and don't wobble unlike those lg screens. They also support quite a lot of input methods and can turn to portrait mode. also they have usb ports So really I would recommend them they are relatively cheap but still good ips screens. the price I don't know but the eu price is about 160 euro so I assume that falls within range.

Yes you should go ips, the latency difference is not noticeable unlike the earliest ips screens and they offer a significantly better image. led backlight is practically the standard but it doesn't mean much, makes it a little bit white, consumes a bit less power but actually is a bit negative for the color reproduction.