Wannabe Artist
OP
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Considering the Essentials topic is currently pretty empty, I need help picking my next game. I want something similar to Heroes of Ruin, but I don't want the game to be as easy as that one was. Any ideas?

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont know what games you have, but these are the games I have:

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask: 3D is really nice, some of the puzzles are good (though some are bad). The cutscenes and story, and visuals and voice acting are all great and very charming. I recommend this if you want a time waster.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: It's been a while since I played this game, but it's pretty fast paced action. I'm not a fan of the freeflow battle system or whatever it's called, but it's not a side game like Days was. It's a full KH game with some new worlds. Pretty fun.

Mario Kart 7: Nuff said.

Star Fox 64 3D: Fun arcade shooter. You'll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

Mario 3D Land: Nuff said.

Virtues Lsat Reward: This is a visual novel similar to 999. If you don't like lots of reading then this game isn't for you. It's not as creepy as 999 and not as shocking and twisted as 999 was, but the story is a huge mind fuck of a twist at the end.

Tales of the Abyss: Honestly I have trouble getting into this game. Maybe because it's on a small screen, or I just hate the characters and voice acting, and I think everything looks a bit dating. But for a solid RPG with hours, you might like it.

Ocarina of Time: Yeah, you know what this is. Currently going through a playthrough again with only using 3 hearts.

Theaterhythm: Rhythm based game, gets pretty repetitive and extra songs cost like a dollar each which is bullshit.

On 3DSware:

Sakura Samurai might give you some fun. Look up videos because it's hard to explain. Mutant Mudds is also pretty fun. 3D effect is great in this game.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
OP
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
monster hunter 3 if you got jpn 3ds
if NA 3ds get a point card or wait for animal crossing or monster hunter
My 3ds isn't a Japan one, so I'll have to wait. Thanks for the games though, I'll probably end up getting Monster Hunter and more.

I dont know what games you have, but these are the games I have:

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask: 3D is really nice, some of the puzzles are good (though some are bad). The cutscenes and story, and visuals and voice acting are all great and very charming. I recommend this if you want a time waster.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: It's been a while since I played this game, but it's pretty fast paced action. I'm not a fan of the freeflow battle system or whatever it's called, but it's not a side game like Days was. It's a full KH game with some new worlds. Pretty fun.

Mario Kart 7: Nuff said.

Star Fox 64 3D: Fun arcade shooter. You'll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

Mario 3D Land: Nuff said.

Virtues Lsat Reward: This is a visual novel similar to 999. If you don't like lots of reading then this game isn't for you. It's not as creepy as 999 and not as shocking and twisted as 999 was, but the story is a huge mind fuck of a twist at the end.

Tales of the Abyss: Honestly I have trouble getting into this game. Maybe because it's on a small screen, or I just hate the characters and voice acting, and I think everything looks a bit dating. But for a solid RPG with hours, you might like it.

Ocarina of Time: Yeah, you know what this is. Currently going through a playthrough again with only using 3 hearts.

Theaterhythm: Rhythm based game, gets pretty repetitive and extra songs cost like a dollar each which is bullshit.

On 3DSware:

Sakura Samurai might give you some fun. Look up videos because it's hard to explain. Mutant Mudds is also pretty fun. 3D effect is great in this game.
Nice list. After checking out the ones I don't know, I think Tales of the Abyss is a great choice for me. It's an RPG with an interesting battle system. Does it require you to play any prequels to understand the story or is it the start of a completely new story?

Also, Theaterhythm song downloads truly are bullshit. When I first heard of it I was like wow, awesome! Then I saw that new songs need to be bought and I was like wow, lame!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 3ds isn't a Japan one, so I'll have to wait. Thanks for the games though, I'll probably end up getting Monster Hunter and more.

Nice list. After checking out the ones I don't know, I think Tales of the Abyss is a great choice for me. It's an RPG with an interesting battle system. Does it require you to play any prequels to understand the story or is it the start of a completely new story?

Also, Theaterhythm song downloads truly are bullshit. When I first heard of it I was like wow, awesome! Then I saw that new songs need to be bought and I was like wow, lame!

Each Tales game is different. No need to play other games.

And yeah it is bullshit, I mean, Professor Layton get's daily puzzle updates free for a year, yet they make you pay for the songs.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
OP
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
new mario...
resident evil retribution
cave story
(i didnt red the essentials)
I'm not really a fan of the Resident Evil games and Mario doesn't have much action other than stomping. I'll check out cave story though.

Rayman 3D, pretty cool game,is very cheap now and is way better than Rayman DS.
I didn't even know there was a Rayman on the 3DS o.O I'm definitely going to look into it.

Resident Evil?
Kingdom Hearts?
And Heroes of Ruin totally matches you profile pic :P
Not a fan of Resident Evil and Kingdom Hearts has gone downhill for me. After each game they release, I just keep losing more interest in it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My top 5 3DS exclusives (that I own) are:
1. Paper Mario Sticker Star
2. Super Mario 3D Land
3. Mario Kart 7
4. Kid Icarus
5. Rhythm Thief
All these in my opinion are must-buys, except for maybe Rhythm Thief, depends on whether you like puzzle or rhythm games. It has a lot of both so if you like either of them you'll like Rhythm Thief.

Tales of the Abyss is also a great game port that many (most?) 3DS owners probably have never played, I just wish the 3D effect would be better.

I'm not really a fan of the Resident Evil games and Mario doesn't have much action other than stomping. I'll check out cave story though.

I didn't even know there was a Rayman on the 3DS o.O I'm definitely going to look into it.

Not a fan of Resident Evil and Kingdom Hearts has gone downhill for me. After each game they release, I just keep losing more interest in it.
Rayman 3D is a port of a Dreamcast game, which I've read is regarded as possibly the best 3D Rayman. I didn't really get into it, but one thing I did notice is that the 3D effect is poor, like most ports. But I'm sure the game is as good as I've read it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hmmm for me it's probably F-Zero X at least in my top 3