Recommend GBA Flash Cart?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by paker, Jan 30, 2011.

Jan 30, 2011

Recommend GBA Flash Cart? by paker at 8:09 AM (2,365 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. paker
    OP

Newcomer paker Newbie

United States
    I know I'm a little behind but I wish to get an old Game Boy Advance flash cart that will run on SP...
    I want it to be able to fully support Pokemon games, although I'll probably load other Roms onto it.
    Also I'd like it to not use excessive power, preferably about the same as a real cart if possible?
    I don't care if the card writer is external/standalone or not. Oh and I'd prefer...if it fit in the GBA's slot correctly and didn't extrude.

I know I'm being picky for something that's probably very hard to find, but if anyone could recommend a specific cart and/or possibly how to get it, I'd appreciate it.

2. Mesiskope

Banned Mesiskope Banned

United States
    ezflash V

3. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    the best out there is the ez flash 3 in 1, I don't think it has a real time clock but you can patch the pokemon games to run on it. get the ez flash IV if you want it to run on a gba, it comes with a minisd slot so you can put up to 2 gigs of games on it.

Posts merged

the ez flash IV is the one that fits in a gba sp.

4. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    EZ Flash IV for the GBA SP. The GBA size for the EZ Flash 3in1 is near impossible to find and is only really useful for slot 2 on a DS.

5. paker
    OP

Newcomer paker Newbie

United States
    does the EZ-Flash IV have a real time clock?

6. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
  7. paker
    OP

Newcomer paker Newbie

United States
    I just read the review and apparently there is no RTC. Other than that this card seems perfect.
    Is there any way to get an earlier version? The review mentioned the EZ3 had one

8. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    Older GBA flash carts are impossible to find anymore. Nowhere sells them, and they are no longer produced. It's pretty much EZ Flash IV or nothing at this point. The day of GBA flash carts has come and gone.

9. paker
    OP

Newcomer paker Newbie

United States
    Yeah I figured as much. I guess I was just hoping that maybe someone had one that they didn't use anymore.
    I really would like that RTC ha but if no one has one then I guess I'll buy that EZ-flash 4

10. paker
    OP

Newcomer paker Newbie

United States
    Yup, just bought one from r4ds. I'm still interested in buying an old one with an RTC but this will do for now.
    Thanks for the help.

11. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    This.

The M3 Perfect is the only cart that I know of that had Real-Time-Clock, but they aren't made anymore. If you can manage to find one of those online somewhere or through a friend, snap it up! It has almost perfect GBA compatibility. Avoid the M3 Pro slot2 carts though, they don't have enough RAM to play larger GBA games.

Between the EZFlash IV and the 3in1, I'd take the EZFlash IV over the 3in1 any day. Simple reason being that I like to have all the GBA related files to not be cluttering up my slot1 cart's SD. EZFlash IV has it's own SD slot and can store multiple games at the same time, 3in1's do not have their own SD slot and require that you flash GBA files to the 3in1 one game at a time from your slot1's SD, which seems kinda silly to me in the face of dedicated slot2 carts with their own SD.

I would guess that the 3in1 is better on battery life simply because it doesn't have quite as much circuitry as a "dedicated" slot2 cart does, but I don't know that for sure.

12. paker
    OP

Newcomer paker Newbie

United States
    Well thanks for the input Rayder. I just bought the EZ-Flash IV but I'll keep that in mind if I can find anyone willing to sell me an M3 or any other carts that I know have an RTC.

13. Fireballo

Banned Fireballo Banned

United States
    You can still buy the elink at http://www.deveno.com/products/ELink.htm
    It has GBA cheat, RTS, in game guide, sleep mode, soft reset. It's a nice little card. I picked up an M3 perfect when production stopped. I wouldn't sell it but if I did I'd be asking double what I payed.

14. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    If he gets the elink, he can use the red link in my sig to get it working under windows 7 with virtualbox.

15. paker
    OP

Newcomer paker Newbie

United States
    Well I'm still using my good old xp

16. paker
    OP

Newcomer paker Newbie

United States
    And I looked and didn't see anything about the E-link having a real time clock?

17. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Nobody makes a flashcart with RTC anymore. If your looking to play pokemon, your SOL.