recommend a card game.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by test84, Jun 8, 2007.

Jun 8, 2007

recommend a card game. by test84 at 4:14 PM (780 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Hi,
    I really love Chocobo Tales, but since i sent back my DSL to nintendo, i cant play it any more.
    so could u recommend some card games so i can play via my emulators? i prefer it to be a GBA game, since my GBA emulator rocks.
    one of my friends talked bout Yu-Gi-Oh, is there any GBA version of it? i donno.
    Thnx.!

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Pokemon TCG for the GBC [​IMG]

3. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Ultimate Masters: World Championship Tournament 2006 was the last Yu-Gi-Oh tourney game that was released on the GBA. No strict storylines, just straight out card battles. This is good if you want a pick-up-and-play game and tend to work on the strategies/tactics of your card battling. There are, of course, a number of Yu-Gi-Oh games out there for the GBA (Even some newer GX ones), a complete list can be found HERE [I should also make a little note that Pokemon Trading Card Game for the Game Boy Color was quite enjoyable, even if it is a bit dated]

One game that I really enjoyed (although it was more of an RPG type game than a hardcore card battling system) was Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. The card battling is only used during battle encounters with the enemy and is very fast paced. You use your deck of obtained cards that are numbered 0-9 and play a card from your deck every time you want to attack. If your card is higher you land a successful blow. There are also many more intricate rules such as combing cards for special moves, cancels, and summon cards. The battling is fast paced though and takes a little getting used to.

Here's a look at one of the early boss battles using the card system:

4. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    i've decided to play Yu Gi Oh games, which one of the GBC or GBA games u recommend? I want to to have:
    1-tutorial to get me started
    2- have story mode, not just pick a card and battle
    3- have kinda good graphics

TIA!