Hacking Recognizing a flashcart

tahsin tariq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
My friend has a flash cart for his DSi XL. But he ripped the front cover for the flashcart. He does not know what flash cart it is. He cannot get a firmware update as he does not know the site for the cart. He bought his cart in 2011, in Saudi Arabia. Now I don't know what the difference between DSTT, Acekard, R4 is. All I know is that I own an r4 clone for the dslite. I got my pokemon black 2 to work by using MAIO 9.xx.
The following files are in his cart. Does anyone recognize the firmware?
" BEUP
MOONSHL
NDSMAIL
Plugins
Skin
Svsip
SYSTEM
TTmenu
R4I.PK
R4MENU.INI
TTMNU.SYS "

tahsin tariq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
i see ttmnu.sys, so i'll wager a guess its a DS TT clone of some sort. is there a way you can open it up and take photos of the PCB?

-another world
I have found the site for the card. it is r4dsixl3d. It seems the last firmware update was in 2011. My friend wants to play pokemon black 2 on it. I plan to put ysmenu on it to see if it works. If not i will try wood. But I am worried, I read somewhere that DSTT cards might get burned out or something if a "fake killer something" runs on it. Can you explain what that means? And than you for replying.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i do recall that the official dstt firmware had a "clone killer" release. their way of dealing with the clone problem. there were releases that hexed out the clone killer code making the official firmware work on some clones. i'm pretty sure (although not 100% certain -- i don't play with clones), that if you stay away from their official firmware, that you won't have anything to worry about.

you should check to see if your card is supported by retrogamefan's updates.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

-another world

tahsin tariq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
basically as long as i stay away from the official dstt firmware . I am safe right? Well now I got my answer. thank you :). Now just for the sake of knowledge - do you know what MAIO is? My card, an r4 clone - R4 T2.10 - cannot run ysmenu (dldi error), but it can run MAIO 9.xx which lets me play pokemon black 2 without the errorcode. In my friend's r4 I will first install ysmenu, if that does not work i will try wood, if that does not work then MAIO multi flashcart update 9.xx and Moonshell2.05 - MAIOs YS Loader Mod (this is the one i use on my r4 to play PKMN black 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night