Hacking Reckon i'd be able to sell my Bricked Wii or should i just throw i

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so u think nintendo could fix it without having to replace a new one? i dont wanna send it and find out my only option is to eitherget it back or pay $250, i'd still have to pay $30 for them to check it out and whatever the shipping is. i'm thinking because iupdated to 4.0 its to late.

Darkzero51521

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you didn't need to ignore my post. It was a yes/no thing..i'm working on modding my Wii and I wouldn't mind some extra parts incase i mess up, that's why I asked. I'm not gonna keep tracking this topic, so if you're interested, PM me.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
misticknight said:
so u think nintendo could fix it without having to replace a new one? i dont wanna send it and find out my only option is to eitherget it back or pay $250, i'd still have to pay $30 for them to check it out and whatever the shipping is.
hah sounds like you're in a tough bind. do what you think is best, if you don't think they can fix it, no use wasting $30+shipping. if you think it will prevent you from buying a new wii and it will be fixed obv go for it. you can always just put it on ebay or just go to the trading boards here. just don't throw it away. If you have a fetish for smashing electronics then at least make a youtube vid of you burning it, then smashing it, then grinding it in a blender, then throwing it in the trash and then pouring acid on it.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL for sure, depends how angry i get. also DarkZero sorry i didn't mean to ignore your post, i thought i answered it before, and my naswer is no, unles your willing to pay for the shipping to but even then maybe not.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL for sure, depends how angry i get. also DarkZero sorry i didn't mean to ignore your post, i thought i answered it before, and my naswer is no, unles your willing to pay for the shipping to but even then maybe not.

Posts merged

helloforum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a gc controller you could try savemiifrii to get into recovery mode

Gotta open up your gc controller and press all 4 directions while booting with the controller in port 4

can you get a wiimote to connect by any chance?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nah wiimote wont connect. i'd try the savemii thingie, but i dont wanna buy it only to find it doesn't work. there is a modder i know who says he can fix it for $200 by replacing the motherboard, i'm leaning towards that due to it being cheaper but it'll annoy me to have 2nd hand parts. other than that though, do you think it's a bad idea to do that, or should i go for it anyways? I dont wnt to do it then have my wii die out on me in like 2 months or something.

also just a question, even if i could get into recovery mode, now that i am on 4.0 (and it is, i was usnig the wii on 4.0 mode then i turned it off, turned it back on after only to find it not work) theres no way i can do anything abuot it now right. i mean i thought i had to use a update disc that is higher than my current one and 4.0 was only just released.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried, opened up my 3rd party GC controller, tried getting into recovery mode, it didn't work. if i had preloader installed with recovery mode then maybe but once i got into 4.0 i think it removed all that. should i just do the motherboard swap?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
please can someone just answer that last question, if its not a bad idea to just change motherboards i'll go do that, its the cheapest option i have and i'll have my wii back in 2-3 days. if not then i'll just buy a new wii when i'm ready.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all make sure you actually get to see him swap/have proof that it's actually a different motherboard and that he didn't just use a savemii dongle and then charged u 200$.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok but lets say it is 100% motherboard swap, is that a good idea or have people tried this before with bad results? also if its successful would i be on firmware 4.0 when i get it back or is the firmware stored on the motherboard and thus i could be on 3.2 (which would make the deal even sweeter, i want to go back to 3.2)

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
id like to but it says this on the bricking page:

"We cannot un-brick your wii if it was bricked with the latest current firmware on a disc(at time of writting its 3.2) until there is a game that has 3.3 on a disc."

thats why i have no option other than motherboard swap, or getting a new wii. or waiting for 4.1 i spose but i dont know how long that will be and frankly i cant do it my Wii was bricked on friday and i'm already going nuts, i love the system so much
frown.gif
(i feel like a baby lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm